Drake @ Wichita - 2/25

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Drake @ Wichita - 2/25

Postby WooHoo » February 25th, 2012, 10:47 pm

Since congratulations aren't a big thing on this board, I'll go ahead and give a pat on the back to my team, the 2012 MVC Champion Wichita State Shockers!!!

What a glorious day and year it has been! :dance: :dance: :Cheers: :Yea!:
WooHoo
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby bluejays89 » February 25th, 2012, 11:18 pm

shocktheheart wrote:
Ace Dad wrote:
We will keep blowing people out and you keep winning by one and we will see how that works out for both teams. We have won by double digits in all of our games in the last 5 I believe.

Be humble. The Saluki fans used to talk this way. Just saying.........................

We just posted the score and they are saying we are needy? Don't say we are needy if you are predicted to be the number 1 team and lose the conference by two games and winning the last two by one point. I'm not one to be an a##hole, but I'm not one to take bull@hit as well.

I would like to personally congratulate every single WSU fan/player or anyone associated with the university for their triumph season where they overcame every single possible scenario. I mean to be pick second was asinine, has any team ever overcame that and won the league by 2 not 1 but 2 whole games.

Is that a proper congratulation?

And oh yes I'm so disappointed with a 25-5 regular season, SARCASM OFF!!

But seriously Congrats!

:Cheers:
Last edited by bluejays89 on February 25th, 2012, 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluejays89
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby sixth ace » February 25th, 2012, 11:42 pm

Congrats to the Shockers for the second time See you in ST. Louis

ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » February 26th, 2012, 9:16 am

sixth ace wrote:Congrats to the Shockers for the second time See you in ST. Louis

No one wants to face the Aces in STL. Nary a one of the other nine teams.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby musiccitybulldog » February 26th, 2012, 9:23 am

Was a good day for 3 point shooting if your name was Ben. Wichita had a good day from the line as well.

Congrats to all the Wichita Players, Coaches and Fans for a successful year.
Looked like everyone had a good time. Everyone needs that once in a while.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 1972Shocker » February 26th, 2012, 9:31 am

glm38 wrote:I hope Stutz rolled ankle isn't a big deal? Unless by some miracle the Bears play WSU in the final - in that instance I would hope he's totally immobile.

Be careful what your wish for. We become a different team without Garrett in the lineup but we have played some outstanding basketball this year with Garrett on the bench. Seems like teams have a solid plan in place and know how they want to attack the Shocks when Garrett is in the game, but if he has been out due to foul trouble or injury teams have not seemed to be able to adjust as the Shocks switch gears.
1972Shocker
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby getreal4 » February 26th, 2012, 9:57 am

1972Shocker wrote:Be careful what your wish for. We become a different team without Garrett in the lineup but we have played some outstanding basketball this year with Garrett on the bench. Seems like teams have a solid plan in place and know how they want to attack the Shocks when Garrett is in the game, but if he has been out due to foul trouble or injury teams have not seemed to be able to adjust as the Shocks switch gears.

Shox are certainly hitting on a lot of cylinders, Ragland & Stutz out? No problem. Quality depth and options on the bench when needed. I think the Shox have yet to peak this season. If no injuries, BCS teams beware, Shox can play with almost anyone.
getreal4
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Ricardo del Rio » February 26th, 2012, 11:59 am

musiccitybulldog wrote:Was a good day for 3 point shooting if your name was Ben. Wichita had a good day from the line as well.

Congrats to all the Wichita Players, Coaches and Fans for a successful year.
Looked like everyone had a good time. Everyone needs that once in a while.

Ben Simons was the right and best 3 man.

Two of his made 3s were called off because of a Drake foul, which occurred just a nano-second, before the launch. He was 7-12 from 3 and could have been 9-14.

He made me nervous for quite awhile.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball