Marshall - CoY

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Marshall - CoY

Postby Aargh » March 1st, 2012, 4:01 pm

If a WSU fan were to say Marshall .."is leading a Final Four kind of team", "..."(his) unparalleled passion is what led to 19 true road victories this season", "...is taking the Shockers to the next level" - there would be about 3 instant pages criticizing that Shocker fan.

Those quotes are not from Shocker fans. They are from the voters for CoY - and that means it's YOUR SID's newspaper guys, and coaches saying that.

http://www.kwch.com/sports/roadtofinalfour/kwch-news-kah-greg-marshall-expected-to-be-named-mvc-coach-of-the-year-20120301,0,7317091.story

I don't have a link to the voting, but it's been reported that Simmons was second and no other coaches received votes.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Marshall - CoY

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Marshall - CoY

Postby unipanther99 » March 1st, 2012, 4:41 pm

Well deserved.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby DoubleJayAlum » March 1st, 2012, 5:06 pm

Two threads for this now....
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » March 1st, 2012, 5:21 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:Two threads for this now....

Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jwa123 » March 1st, 2012, 6:25 pm

Aargh wrote:If a WSU fan were to say Marshall .."is leading a Final Four kind of team", "..."(his) unparalleled passion is what led to 19 true road victories this season", "...is taking the Shockers to the next level" - there would be about 3 instant pages criticizing that Shocker fan.

Those quotes are not from Shocker fans. They are from the voters for CoY - and that means it's YOUR SID's newspaper guys, and coaches saying that.

http://www.kwch.com/sports/roadtofinalfour/kwch-news-kah-greg-marshall-expected-to-be-named-mvc-coach-of-the-year-20120301,0,7317091.story

I don't have a link to the voting, but it's been reported that Simmons was second and no other coaches received votes.

Not me! I think Marshall and Jacobson are the 2 best coaches in the league.
jwa123
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby GarH » March 1st, 2012, 7:03 pm

Aargh wrote:

Dead on!!!!
GarH
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby WooHoo » March 1st, 2012, 7:18 pm

Where? I see an actual one dedicated to COY and then a mention buried in the 1st Team, 2nd Team, and POY Awards thread.

You are one naggy poster. If it bothered you that much, then maybe you shouldn't have opened it up and took time to post in it.

Congrats to Coach Marshall.
WooHoo
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Ace Dad » March 1st, 2012, 7:31 pm

This award deserves a separate thread.

Coach Marshall was successful at low mid D1 and has now proven himself at a higher level of D1 competitiveness.

I just hope he stays in the Valley.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby getreal4 » March 1st, 2012, 7:48 pm

Ace Dad wrote:This award deserves a separate thread.

Coach Marshall was successful at low mid D1 and has now proven himself at a higher level of D1 competitiveness.

I just hope he stays in the Valley.

I hope Wichita St stays in the Valley! :? 8-) :D
getreal4
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TylerDurden » March 1st, 2012, 7:48 pm

Aargh wrote:If a WSU fan were to say Marshall .."is leading a Final Four kind of team", "..."(his) unparalleled passion is what led to 19 true road victories this season", "...is taking the Shockers to the next level" - there would be about 3 instant pages criticizing that Shocker fan.

First, congratulations to Marshall and WSU fans. It's a deserved honor.

Second, there are no direct quotes in that story or the accompanying video that say what you wrote. Those are the words of a Wichita sportscaster speaking in the way local sportscasters speak. Heck, he's even whining about who has and hasn't won the award -- very professional. :roll:

I agree with some of what he said, but you've misrepresented it completely. Just enjoy that team. They're a very good one that could make a deep NCAA run.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball