Post MVC: Comment on Your Coaching Staff

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby Ace Dad » March 4th, 2012, 8:08 pm

I went to the tournment with some preconceived notions about Head Coaches and their staffs based on comments from this board, Valley TV, and games I attended in person.

Do you feel better or worse about your Head Coach and his staff, as you ponder next year?
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Post MVC: Comment on Your Coaching Staff

Postby jwa123 » March 4th, 2012, 8:27 pm

I feel better about Jank. I lost a lot of respect for Marshall but Marshall isn't my coach so to answer about my school, yes I feel better about Jank.
jwa123
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby glm38 » March 4th, 2012, 8:52 pm

For MSU and our head coach I feel no differently after our one and done in the tournament than before. We were on a downward path coming in and that just continued.

I do think Lusk (and staff) have the potential to do good things. They just lost our guys in the last 10 games. I think Lusk is a smart guy and will grow into the job over the next couple of years.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » March 4th, 2012, 8:55 pm

I feel better about my team heading to next year. It will be the most talented team that Mark Phelps has had in his 5 years at Drake, assuming that nobody leaves.

My feelings about the coach have not changed.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby getreal4 » March 4th, 2012, 11:07 pm

Bulldogs staff finally learned how to play a little defense and not switch on every screen. Now if they can develop a pt guard and a couple of team offensive plays, could be a very good team.
getreal4
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby landmark » March 5th, 2012, 12:06 am

at this moment our staff is better than it's been in 3-4 years...

signed the fans of siu
landmark
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby troutangler » March 5th, 2012, 12:42 am

It worries me that with a new coach and staff, we got worse as the season went on. You would think an inexperienced team would play its worst at the start of the season. The opposite was true.
troutangler
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DoubleJayAlum » March 5th, 2012, 7:36 am

I like the adjustments we made on defense against Evansville since the last game in Omaha.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 3ontheway » March 5th, 2012, 8:54 am

good: not being afraid to play 9 player rotation so that GE and DM and AY were not totally gassed by Sunday.

not very good: not having GE on the floor when Nic Moore drove the ball all the way to the hoop to send the game to OT
3ontheway
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MoBraves » March 5th, 2012, 11:18 am

DUBulldog wrote:I feel better about my team heading to next year. It will be the most talented team that Mark Phelps has had in his 5 years at Drake, assuming that nobody leaves.

My feelings about the coach have not changed.

Drake really exceeded my expectations this year - more than any other team in the league. And with Simons out, it may have cost Drake a win or two...and they were already down 1 player for the season who is 2nd team MVC material (Van Deest).
Drake should finish top 5 next season or it would be a huge disappointment for you Bulldogs fans.
Next year's team kind of reminds me of the predicament that BU was in a few years back with Warren, Maniscalco, Brown, DSE, Roberts. We were thinking Top 3 or bust and just didn't get it done, finishing 5th. But Drake's team next year is more talented that BU 3 years ago.
Coach Les vs. Coach Phelps? It's a toss-up I guess.
But nice season for Phelps I thought.
MoBraves
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball