Official MVCfans.com Prediction - 1st Place

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Who will win 2010-2011 MVC mens basketball season regular season title?

Missouri State
42%
Wichita State
58%

Total votes : 96

Re: Official MVCfans.com Prediction - 1st Place

Postby WSUbballer » October 7th, 2010, 11:40 am

Snaggletooth wrote:
bberilam wrote:but I'd go with their chances at about 50% WSU, 25% MSU, 25% anyone else.

to high of opinion of SWMO. It is pretty much
40% UNI
25% WSU
25% CU
10% SWMO

Only reason UNI is not at the top is people think they are a going to do the normal MVC rise and fall. Let me tell you this "Jake is the Man" - that is all there really needs to be said.

Interesting that every national publication doesn't fall in with your line of thinking. I'll keep this lil quote in the back pocket. If you prove to be right, I'll give you your dues. If not, expect a little pain.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby unipanther99 » October 7th, 2010, 12:00 pm

WSUbballer wrote:Interesting that every national publication doesn't fall in with your line of thinking. I'll keep this lil quote in the back pocket. If you prove to be right, I'll give you your dues. If not, expect a little pain.

I think you're right to hold Snaggletooth to this prediction, it's a little out there. But what about your prediction that WSU was in the top half of Valley road records the past 5 years? Just keepin' you honest? ;)
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby WSUbballer » October 7th, 2010, 12:07 pm

unipanther99 wrote:
WSUbballer wrote:Interesting that every national publication doesn't fall in with your line of thinking. I'll keep this lil quote in the back pocket. If you prove to be right, I'll give you your dues. If not, expect a little pain.

I think you're right to hold Snaggletooth to this prediction, it's a little out there. But what about your prediction that WSU was in the top half of Valley road records the past 5 years? Just keepin' you honest? ;)

That wasn't a prediction. That was a bet that nobody decided to take. It's easy to talk about it now after snoop whipped out his findings. :P
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » October 7th, 2010, 12:18 pm

WSUbballer wrote:That wasn't a prediction. That was a bet that nobody decided to take. It's easy to talk about it now after snoop whipped out his findings. :P

You asked someone to look it up and get back to you. You were willing to put money on it, but you wouldn't go so far as to call it a prediction? Makes sense! :mrgreen:

Anyhow, I think WSU will win the regular season this year. For those of you who agree, what will be their winning margin? I say two games.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby WSUbballer » October 7th, 2010, 12:32 pm

unipanther99 wrote:You asked someone to look it up and get back to you. You were willing to put money on it, but you wouldn't go so far as to call it a prediction? Makes sense! :mrgreen:

It's not really a prediction when the games have already occurred. It's a shame nobody took the bet when offered.. :|
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TylerDurden » October 7th, 2010, 12:43 pm

unipanther99 wrote:
WSUbballer wrote:That wasn't a prediction. That was a bet that nobody decided to take. It's easy to talk about it now after snoop whipped out his findings. :P

You asked someone to look it up and get back to you. You were willing to put money on it, but you wouldn't go so far as to call it a prediction? Makes sense! :mrgreen:

Anyhow, I think WSU will win the regular season this year. For those of you who agree, what will be their winning margin? I say two games.

Two games might be right. I think they go 14-4 with one unexpected loss and three losses on the road.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby snoopj » October 7th, 2010, 2:51 pm

I would probably go with two games as well. I would also say 14-4 or 13-5 would be about right. Even some of the best teams in the Valley recently have been tagged a few times on the road by unexpected sources in the conference the last couple of years.

Not to mention we all agree that places 2-6 can go just about anyway. That uncertainty should make for some road losses for even the best team(s) in the Valley.
University of Northern Iowa Class of 2000....however, an overall fan of the Missouri Valley Conference.
snoopj
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby TNMSUFAN » October 7th, 2010, 5:18 pm

Concerning UNI all I know is in our 2 games against you guys last year Ali, Koch and Eglseder scored 82pts and grabbed 31rbs...the guys we lost scored 10pts and grabbed 8rbs. I will be very impressed if UNI is challenging again for the title with the loss of those 3.
TNMSUFAN
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MVCfans » October 8th, 2010, 8:33 am

Looks like WSU is the overwhelming choice. I am going to start the poll for coach of the year today, followed by freshman of the year, newcomer of the year, and player of the year. I will list up to 10 options for each, so please post your nominees in the thread started for that purpose.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby electricshock » October 8th, 2010, 11:24 am

It's ironic that the two best players in the league on the two best teams (WSU,MSU)were roommates this summer in Poland.You think there was a little trashtalking going on? I predict the player who dominates win.I love watching Weems and Murry go at it.
electricshock
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball