MVC to use replay cameras

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC to use replay cameras

Postby WSUbballer » October 14th, 2010, 11:47 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
SirShoxAlot wrote:I love how this past March Madness, CU fans were wearing "1.9" as a badge of honor. Congrats on winning the game because of a time keeping error! Classic!

You guys are completely off the mark regarding the 1.9 seconds matter.

Let me clue you in on a little secret - the reason Creighton people wore the shirts wasn't because they thought the shot wasn't timely made; they wore the shirts because they like to celebrate a game winning shot while at the same time pissing off Shocker fans.

I was at the game in St Louis. Everyone in attendance thought the shot was made in time. Most everyone, except for Shocker fans, still believe that way. In a Creighton fan's eyes, "1.9" symbolizes the shot that made Double G cry and won the game.

Ahh, it never ends.

On your first comment.. why are CU fans celebrating things that happened a year ago in which the very next game they got boatraced into the NIT? Was it that significant of a win for yah that it was used as your happy point in an otherwise miserable season a year later? At least now, while not directly admitting to it, you are at least subjecting yourself to the notion that WSU and CU are rivals.

On your second point, are you speaking for all 12,000 that were at the game? My, that's an awfully nice set of earlobes you have. That's quite astounding actually. If I recall correctly, a large number of non-WSU fans thought WSU got screwed in the ordeal. More notably I remember several Bradley and Illinois State fans who thought the whole issue was effed up. There were other fanbases as well. I think you want to believe everybody is against WSU on this one (as has been your calling card for a while now), but unfortunately it isn't very accurate.

And as for your last sentence, this sure aint no rivalry!!!!11 :lol: :lol:
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Ali » October 15th, 2010, 6:59 am

I never posted on Valley Talk fwiw. I've made a dozen or so posts and most reasonable people will recognize I'm not the argumentative one. Good luck.. I'll turn the page on this discussion.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » October 15th, 2010, 8:18 am

WSUbballer wrote:On your first comment.. why are CU fans celebrating things that happened a year ago in which the very next game they got boatraced into the NIT?

I believe I already answered this: Creighton fans were amused by the antics of Gregg Marshall and WSU fans after the loss. They know the mere mention of 1.9 gets WSU fans all lathered up. If they didn't react, and if Marshall wouldn't have broken into tears about the incident or simply refrained from taping the newspaper story to his office door, Creighton fans would have never mentioned 1.9 after the fact.

When a coach/fanbase lets others know what gets them riled up, don't be surprised when that topic resurfaces in subsequent match-ups.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jayball » October 15th, 2010, 8:33 am

While it was an exciting ending to a Valley tournament game. For me, it ended up being a pretty meaningless victory.

The fact that we let WSU back into that game was pathetic and a credit to WSU's team for not giving up. Getting blown out by IlSt again the following day pretty much let the air out of any good feelings CU fans might have had from Booker's miracle shot.

However, I do think it provides concrete evidence that Doug Elgin and all the MVC people like Creighton way more than WSU and will do whatever they can to try to help us succeed above everyone else.

I think they just like hanging out with drunk people in striped overalls.
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TylerDurden » October 15th, 2010, 9:14 am

jayball wrote:While it was an exciting ending to a Valley tournament game. For me, it ended up being a pretty meaningless victory.

The fact that we let WSU back into that game was pathetic and a credit to WSU's team for not giving up. Getting blown out by IlSt again the following day pretty much let the air out of any good feelings CU fans might have had from Booker's miracle shot.

However, I do think it provides concrete evidence that Doug Elgin and all the MVC people like Creighton way more than WSU and will do whatever they can to try to help us succeed above everyone else.

I think they just like hanging out with drunk people in striped overalls.

Or it means that they went with the video they had at the time, which showed a good basket?

Although I'm pretty sure you were kidding.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jayball » October 15th, 2010, 9:43 am

Nope. I'm pretty sure it is like the Zapruder film.

Clear conspiracy.

Elgin is Finkle. Finkle is Elgin.

:D
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WSUbballer » October 15th, 2010, 10:18 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:I believe I already answered this: Creighton fans were amused by the antics of Gregg Marshall and WSU fans after the loss. They know the mere mention of 1.9 gets WSU fans all lathered up. If they didn't react, and if Marshall wouldn't have broken into tears about the incident or simply refrained from taping the newspaper story to his office door, Creighton fans would have never mentioned 1.9 after the fact.

So can I get confirmation that this is officially a rivalry now?

DoubleJayAlum wrote:When a coach/fanbase lets others know what gets them riled up, don't be surprised when that topic resurfaces in subsequent match-ups.

I remember those Official Sponsor of the NIT signs. It was classic showing those to the CU players the very next year in Koch. Good times.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball