MVC to use replay cameras

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC to use replay cameras

Postby AndShock » October 13th, 2010, 8:35 pm

First of all, I think there's a considerable difference between conspiracy theories and video evidence. I'm not really considering Shocks and Huskers the same until I see the hundreds of videos you were referring to that "proves" the Huskers were screwed over. I don't think the outcome is what matters too much, I think the fact that when instant replay gets brought up, the CU-WSU game is the first thing that comes to mind for probably every WSU fan. I'm looking at a shockwaves blog from back then and apparently the claim was Woodfox would've released the shot with .4 seconds left if the clock started on time. That's believable, but I'm honestly never going to believe it unless I actually see it. Considering the only video I've seen shows him releasing the ball with 0.0 on the clock.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MoValley John » October 13th, 2010, 9:01 pm

AndShock wrote:First of all, I think there's a considerable difference between conspiracy theories and video evidence. I'm not really considering Shocks and Huskers the same until I see the hundreds of videos you were referring to that "proves" the Huskers were screwed over. I don't think the outcome is what matters too much, I think the fact that when instant replay gets brought up, the CU-WSU game is the first thing that comes to mind for probably every WSU fan. I'm looking at a shockwaves blog from back then and apparently the claim was Woodfox would've released the shot with .4 seconds left if the clock started on time. That's believable, but I'm honestly never going to believe it unless I actually see it. Considering the only video I've seen shows him releasing the ball with 0.0 on the clock.

If it was reported on Shockwaves that way, that would be Suellentrop who reported it and that would be pretty darn accurate. Suellenthrop is a good writer, but is also a huge Wichita State homer; if there was a doubt, he wouldn't have conceded the .04. I never read the Suellthrop article, only Lutz. The reporters and AD's of both schools were in the booth when the reviews were done, it was done fairly, accurately and completely. As for Nebraska, the one second was put back on the clock during the Big XII championship game after a fair, accurate and complete review just like the fair, accurate and complete review in St Louis.

I'm pretty much done with this, I am just sick if this stuff this week. Husker fans can be so obver the top and now we're back into the ref's screwing teams drivel here. That said, if Shocker fans want to go on another tyrade of how you were screwed, go for it, I'll just skim over and exercize my right to not read it. Just keep in mind that the only people that you are selling is yourselves, the rest of the world has moved on.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » October 13th, 2010, 10:18 pm

Ali wrote:
WSUbballer wrote:
SirShoxAlot wrote:I love how this past March Madness, CU fans were wearing "1.9" as a badge of honor. Congrats on winning the game because of a time keeping error! Classic!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CU fans got to enjoy about 1.9 seconds of St. Louis last year.

Are you friggin serious? Turn the page.., you're referring to a game two seasons ago that you lost. You have a very good team this year and yet there are multiple whiny posts by Shox fans on this. Get over it!

I have a serious question for you. You ignored it the last time I asked but I would like you to honestly answer it. Are you a closet Creighton fan? I just wanna know. You don't have to lie either. Just a yes or no. I really hope it's a yes because of the 10 posts you've made on this site, half of them are running to the aid of Creighton fans against WSU fans. It's kinda creepy. Do you still have close ties with Greggy Mac or something?

SirShox brought up the original 1.9 thing. It probably wasn't necessary but given the topic of this thread, it's at least relevant and was half-witty. I'm personally over it, however I did respond to his post because it was brought up. If anything's ironic about people "getting over things", then the finger can just the same be pointed towards CU fans wearing t-shirts a year after the incident in which they clearly acknowledge a clocking issue.

Again, I'm over it. But more importantly, your school or fandom has nothing to do with the incident at all so you calling people out over it is highly unnecessary, unless of course, you're a closet BJ fan, which then I partly understand.
Last edited by WSUbballer on October 13th, 2010, 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » October 13th, 2010, 10:19 pm

MoValley John wrote:
AndShock wrote:Is there a vid from a CU fan showing the shot was off in time? I know there are vids from 2 different shocker fans that show the shot wasn't in time.

I have no idea if there are any Creighton videos, probably not. But then again, why would there be? Creighton won, they wouldn't be trying to prove they won. On the other hand, if you can only come up with two Shocker videos attempting to prove otherwise, that is pretty weak. You can come up with hundreds and hundreds of Husker videos trying to show that they got screwed last year, but then again, even with the hundreds of videos made by fans, they didn't get screwed.

What I know is that the MVC officials first used a stopwatch which indicated the shot was good and then they used the video itself. They froze the video on the frame before the ball was touched, then counted frames until the ball left the player's hand, the divided the number of frames by fps and it was also under 1.9 seconds. Bob Lutz confirmed it in his article as well.

Maybe I'm sensitive because the stupid Nebraska-Texas game is this week and I've been inundated with the "We got screwed" stuff, but even so, the bitch from Shocker fans is the same bitch from Husker fans and regardless of how many YouTube videos are posted, it may make fans feel better but it still doesn't change the fact that the fans are wrong.

It was one comment from a 14 year old fan who seldom posts here. It was probably unnecessary, but dude... calm down.

If you actually had a team to follow and something snappy happened with it, I'm sure you'd feel a bit differently about things. 8-)
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby fastbow » October 13th, 2010, 11:03 pm

unipanther99 wrote:
fastbow wrote:Two seasons too late

Assuming you are talking about the Creighton/WSU MVC tournament game, that game was on TV and replay was available.

It's too bad they aren't expanding this program to include a system that would put every MVC game on the web.

Yeah, I know we're a page away. Yeah, I know there was replay at that game. Was I upset? Yes. The whole way it came down was just messed up. Hopefully having a set procedure for this stuff will help both fans to understand it better and officials to use it better.

I think part of the reason WSU fans are so pissed about the Screw in St. Lou is because it happened in a confusing, disorganized manner. Now that there's a set procedure, maybe that'll take the sting out of it when it happens to someone else.

BTW, that shot wasn't off.
fastbow
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby ihsi » October 14th, 2010, 10:06 am

SirShoxAlot wrote:I love how this past March Madness, CU fans were wearing "1.9" as a badge of honor. Congrats on winning the game because of a time keeping error! Classic!

I sat in the CU section that adjoined the WSU section in St Louis this past March. I must have seen a hundred WSU fans wearing "What can you do in 1.9 seconds" shirts. Funny that you would be so obsessed over a game you lost. BTW - people are laughing at you, not with you.
ihsi
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WSUbballer » October 14th, 2010, 7:01 pm

ihsi wrote:

I sat in the CU section that adjoined the WSU section in St Louis this past March. I must have seen a hundred WSU fans wearing "What can you do in 1.9 seconds" shirts. Funny that you would be so obsessed over a game you lost. BTW - people are laughing at you, not with you.

But no response to the CU fans who were wearing the 1.9 shirts? Look in the mirror.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ali » October 14th, 2010, 9:20 pm

Baller, check again. This is my 13th post and a quick review shows two posts about other schools- one to remind you that Drake was ranked more recently than WSU and another to correct you about Creighton sharing the regular season title. In this thread, I've posted once asking WSU fans to please move on from losing in St Louis two years ago. Believe it or not, I'm not obsessed with you or your team.

To answer your question, I like McDermott and respect Creighton. Again, based on what little I've posted I would think it difficult to draw the inferences that you did, but whatever.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSUbballer » October 14th, 2010, 10:29 pm

Ali wrote:Baller, check again. This is my 13th post and a quick review shows two posts about other schools- one to remind you that Drake was ranked more recently than WSU and another to correct you about Creighton sharing the regular season title. In this thread, I've posted once asking WSU fans to please move on from losing in St Louis two years ago. Believe it or not, I'm not obsessed with you or your team.

To answer your question, I like McDermott and respect Creighton. Again, based on what little I've posted I would think it difficult to draw the inferences that you did, but whatever.

I guess my thing is that you slowly are gaining a niche for sticking it to WSU fans. If that's your calling card, then so be it. But just at least admit it.

Ali wrote:In this thread, I've posted once asking WSU fans to please move on from losing in St Louis two years ago. Believe it or not, I'm not obsessed with you or your team.

And in this thread, one lone Shocker fan (who is quite young by the way) made a comment about the incident and now you're telling every single Shocker fan to get over it, like the rest of us made comments about it. It was ONE post followed up by a response post by me.

As for your obsession comment, that would make more sense if you weren't constantly anti-WSU in every single argument you have engaged in.

By the way, may I ask who you were on VT? I think I've called it out already but you didn't respond to it, unless you prefer to remain in anonymity.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » October 14th, 2010, 10:32 pm

You guys are completely off the mark regarding the 1.9 seconds matter.

Let me clue you in on a little secret - the reason Creighton people wore the shirts wasn't because they thought the shot wasn't timely made; they wore the shirts because they like to celebrate a game winning shot while at the same time pissing off Shocker fans.

I was at the game in St Louis. Everyone in attendance thought the shot was made in time. Most everyone, except for Shocker fans, still believe that way. In a Creighton fan's eyes, "1.9" symbolizes the shot that made Double G cry and won the game.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball