MVC to use replay cameras

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC to use replay cameras

Postby fastbow » October 13th, 2010, 11:03 pm

unipanther99 wrote:
fastbow wrote:Two seasons too late

Assuming you are talking about the Creighton/WSU MVC tournament game, that game was on TV and replay was available.

It's too bad they aren't expanding this program to include a system that would put every MVC game on the web.

Yeah, I know we're a page away. Yeah, I know there was replay at that game. Was I upset? Yes. The whole way it came down was just messed up. Hopefully having a set procedure for this stuff will help both fans to understand it better and officials to use it better.

I think part of the reason WSU fans are so pissed about the Screw in St. Lou is because it happened in a confusing, disorganized manner. Now that there's a set procedure, maybe that'll take the sting out of it when it happens to someone else.

BTW, that shot wasn't off.
fastbow
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ihsi » October 14th, 2010, 10:06 am

SirShoxAlot wrote:I love how this past March Madness, CU fans were wearing "1.9" as a badge of honor. Congrats on winning the game because of a time keeping error! Classic!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I sat in the CU section that adjoined the WSU section in St Louis this past March. I must have seen a hundred WSU fans wearing "What can you do in 1.9 seconds" shirts. Funny that you would be so obsessed over a game you lost. BTW - people are laughing at you, not with you.
ihsi
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WSUbballer » October 14th, 2010, 7:01 pm

ihsi wrote:
SirShoxAlot wrote:I love how this past March Madness, CU fans were wearing "1.9" as a badge of honor. Congrats on winning the game because of a time keeping error! Classic!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I sat in the CU section that adjoined the WSU section in St Louis this past March. I must have seen a hundred WSU fans wearing "What can you do in 1.9 seconds" shirts. Funny that you would be so obsessed over a game you lost. BTW - people are laughing at you, not with you.

But no response to the CU fans who were wearing the 1.9 shirts? Look in the mirror.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ali » October 14th, 2010, 9:20 pm

Baller, check again. This is my 13th post and a quick review shows two posts about other schools- one to remind you that Drake was ranked more recently than WSU and another to correct you about Creighton sharing the regular season title. In this thread, I've posted once asking WSU fans to please move on from losing in St Louis two years ago. Believe it or not, I'm not obsessed with you or your team.

To answer your question, I like McDermott and respect Creighton. Again, based on what little I've posted I would think it difficult to draw the inferences that you did, but whatever.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSUbballer » October 14th, 2010, 10:29 pm

Ali wrote:Baller, check again. This is my 13th post and a quick review shows two posts about other schools- one to remind you that Drake was ranked more recently than WSU and another to correct you about Creighton sharing the regular season title. In this thread, I've posted once asking WSU fans to please move on from losing in St Louis two years ago. Believe it or not, I'm not obsessed with you or your team.

To answer your question, I like McDermott and respect Creighton. Again, based on what little I've posted I would think it difficult to draw the inferences that you did, but whatever.

I guess my thing is that you slowly are gaining a niche for sticking it to WSU fans. If that's your calling card, then so be it. But just at least admit it.

Ali wrote:In this thread, I've posted once asking WSU fans to please move on from losing in St Louis two years ago. Believe it or not, I'm not obsessed with you or your team.

And in this thread, one lone Shocker fan (who is quite young by the way) made a comment about the incident and now you're telling every single Shocker fan to get over it, like the rest of us made comments about it. It was ONE post followed up by a response post by me.

As for your obsession comment, that would make more sense if you weren't constantly anti-WSU in every single argument you have engaged in.

By the way, may I ask who you were on VT? I think I've called it out already but you didn't respond to it, unless you prefer to remain in anonymity.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » October 14th, 2010, 10:32 pm

You guys are completely off the mark regarding the 1.9 seconds matter.

Let me clue you in on a little secret - the reason Creighton people wore the shirts wasn't because they thought the shot wasn't timely made; they wore the shirts because they like to celebrate a game winning shot while at the same time pissing off Shocker fans.

I was at the game in St Louis. Everyone in attendance thought the shot was made in time. Most everyone, except for Shocker fans, still believe that way. In a Creighton fan's eyes, "1.9" symbolizes the shot that made Double G cry and won the game.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » October 14th, 2010, 11:47 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:

You guys are completely off the mark regarding the 1.9 seconds matter.

Let me clue you in on a little secret - the reason Creighton people wore the shirts wasn't because they thought the shot wasn't timely made; they wore the shirts because they like to celebrate a game winning shot while at the same time pissing off Shocker fans.

I was at the game in St Louis. Everyone in attendance thought the shot was made in time. Most everyone, except for Shocker fans, still believe that way. In a Creighton fan's eyes, "1.9" symbolizes the shot that made Double G cry and won the game.

Ahh, it never ends.

On your first comment.. why are CU fans celebrating things that happened a year ago in which the very next game they got boatraced into the NIT? Was it that significant of a win for yah that it was used as your happy point in an otherwise miserable season a year later? At least now, while not directly admitting to it, you are at least subjecting yourself to the notion that WSU and CU are rivals.

On your second point, are you speaking for all 12,000 that were at the game? My, that's an awfully nice set of earlobes you have. That's quite astounding actually. If I recall correctly, a large number of non-WSU fans thought WSU got screwed in the ordeal. More notably I remember several Bradley and Illinois State fans who thought the whole issue was effed up. There were other fanbases as well. I think you want to believe everybody is against WSU on this one (as has been your calling card for a while now), but unfortunately it isn't very accurate.

And as for your last sentence, this sure aint no rivalry!!!!11 :lol: :lol:
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ali » October 15th, 2010, 6:59 am

I never posted on Valley Talk fwiw. I've made a dozen or so posts and most reasonable people will recognize I'm not the argumentative one. Good luck.. I'll turn the page on this discussion.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » October 15th, 2010, 8:18 am

WSUbballer wrote:On your first comment.. why are CU fans celebrating things that happened a year ago in which the very next game they got boatraced into the NIT?

I believe I already answered this: Creighton fans were amused by the antics of Gregg Marshall and WSU fans after the loss. They know the mere mention of 1.9 gets WSU fans all lathered up. If they didn't react, and if Marshall wouldn't have broken into tears about the incident or simply refrained from taping the newspaper story to his office door, Creighton fans would have never mentioned 1.9 after the fact.

When a coach/fanbase lets others know what gets them riled up, don't be surprised when that topic resurfaces in subsequent match-ups.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jayball » October 15th, 2010, 8:33 am

While it was an exciting ending to a Valley tournament game. For me, it ended up being a pretty meaningless victory.

The fact that we let WSU back into that game was pathetic and a credit to WSU's team for not giving up. Getting blown out by IlSt again the following day pretty much let the air out of any good feelings CU fans might have had from Booker's miracle shot.

However, I do think it provides concrete evidence that Doug Elgin and all the MVC people like Creighton way more than WSU and will do whatever they can to try to help us succeed above everyone else.

I think they just like hanging out with drunk people in striped overalls.
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball