MVC to use replay cameras

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

MVC to use replay cameras

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: MVC to use replay cameras

Postby MVCfans » October 11th, 2010, 8:14 pm

They already go to the scorers table to check the video for clock issues and 3pt vs 2pt shots from time to time. Is this simply an additional benefit for those games not on TV?
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby DUBulldog » October 11th, 2010, 8:21 pm

MVCfans wrote:They already go to the scorers table to check the video for clock issues and 3pt vs 2pt shots from time to time. Is this simply an additional benefit for those games not on TV?

I think that's part of it. I think they're also using higher quality cameras that are aimed at specific spots (shot clock, etc).
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fastbow » October 12th, 2010, 1:19 pm

Two seasons too late
fastbow
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby unipanther99 » October 12th, 2010, 1:32 pm

fastbow wrote:Two seasons too late

Assuming you are talking about the Creighton/WSU MVC tournament game, that game was on TV and replay was available.

It's too bad they aren't expanding this program to include a system that would put every MVC game on the web.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby SirShoxAlot » October 12th, 2010, 11:21 pm

I love how this past March Madness, CU fans were wearing "1.9" as a badge of honor. Congrats on winning the game because of a time keeping error! Classic!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SirShoxAlot
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MoValley John » October 13th, 2010, 2:20 am

SirShoxAlot wrote:I love how this past March Madness, CU fans were wearing "1.9" as a badge of honor. Congrats on winning the game because of a time keeping error! Classic!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Crap... Are you guys still obsessed about that? Sheesh, you're worse than Husker fans biatching about one second in the Big XII championship game. In both cases, Shocker fans and Husker fans are wrong. The play in St Louis was timed both with a stopwatch and done counting by frame and the shot was made in time. As for the Huskers, the damned ball bounced with one tick left on the clock and the time on the clock is reviewable. The stupid crap I put up with...
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » October 13th, 2010, 8:45 am

unipanther99 wrote:It's too bad they aren't expanding this program to include a system that would put every MVC game on the web.

I remember reading an interview with Elgin somewhere (maybe a Matty P interview?) that indicated the MVC is planning on doing exactly what you propose. I suspect the extra cameras are a step toward this goal. As I understand it, the phase-in will take a couple of years because there are certain schools that don't have the money to get all of the necessary technology in place immediately. I'll leave it to others to speculate on the schools that don't have the fund immediately available...
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » October 13th, 2010, 9:14 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:I remember reading an interview with Elgin somewhere (maybe a Matty P interview?) that indicated the MVC is planning on doing exactly what you propose. I suspect the extra cameras are a step toward this goal. As I understand it, the phase-in will take a couple of years because there are certain schools that don't have the money to get all of the necessary technology in place immediately. I'll leave it to others to speculate on the schools that don't have the fund immediately available...

The MVC has a long term contract with Learfield, who would probably manage such a program. UNI and SIU also use Learfield and already put their home games on the web. The issue probably has more to do with getting clearances from the other 8 schools and the media outlets they use.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby musiccitybulldog » October 13th, 2010, 11:53 am

I guess we can expect to see better officiating. The goal mentioned is "getting things right".
These must be pretty "special" cameras.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball