Creighton basketball updates

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Creighton basketball updates

Postby SubGod22 » October 22nd, 2010, 12:44 pm

I have little doubt he'll be good. It just sounds like the other two are going to be playing A LOT and effect how many touches he'll get. Now, next year when Lawson is gone I could see him putting up more impressive numbers. Lawson HAS to get a lot of minutes. He's too good not to. And if the new guy is as good, or half as good, as advertised than he'll be on the court a lot as well. There's no way those two don't play together as it'll make CU that much tougher to stop inside.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby saluki762 » October 22nd, 2010, 12:45 pm

DUBulldog wrote:
valleychamp wrote:Because he is a true freshman. And he is also a kid that is going to have to put on a lot of weight.

How many true freshman big men put up 10 and 5?

The original poster said 8-10 ppg and 4-5 rpg. That's not unreasonable. Van Dest put up 8.5 and 4.5 last season as a true freshman, so it's certainly not impossible. I'm guessing Teague was in that range, too.

Teague put up 8.3 and 5.5 in conference play. Non-con, not so much. His minutes increased during conference play so that factored in.
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TrueBlueJay » October 22nd, 2010, 5:27 pm

valleychamp wrote:
redbirdfan71 wrote:2. I think Mcdermott starts and scores 8-10 a game and grabs in 4-5 rebounds a game. I've heard he is a stud.

There is no way that is happening.

To me this sounds like a UNI fan saying "it better not, I'm still pissed"

By the way - I could even see little Mac playing some at the 3 this season.
TrueBlueJay
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ali » November 4th, 2010, 11:33 am

Is McDermott the backup center? wtf?
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MoValley John » November 4th, 2010, 5:07 pm

Since the only reason people go to Creighton games is to drink beer, I will be there. I will be at the cheap beer shack buying PBR's! Anyone interested in meeting up for me, look for me at the beer shack. not the Bud Bowl, not the various import beer concessions, but the beer shack. The beer shack is unique. It is easy to identify. It is the yellow shack at the bottom of the steps that lead from the north entrance. There is a big sign that reads "Free Beer Tomorrow."

The choices at the beer shack include Schlitz, Papst, Hamm's, Old Style and other great beers our fathers sipped on. One advantage of the beer shack, other than the fines selection, is the fact that they are 24 oz. bbers!
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » November 4th, 2010, 7:41 pm

Creighton's exhibiton game can be seen here - close game from what I can tell: http://channelsurfing.net/watch-ncaa-co ... s.php?w=24
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 4th, 2010, 8:22 pm

valleychamp wrote:
redbirdfan71 wrote:2. I think Mcdermott starts and scores 8-10 a game and grabs in 4-5 rebounds a game. I've heard he is a stud.

There is no way that is happening.

Pretty impressive stat line for Doug in the exhibition tonight: 18pts, 6 for 9, 6-6 on FTs, 7rebs, zero fouls.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » November 4th, 2010, 9:21 pm

Boring game. Free pizza.
It's a wash.

Doug McDermott looked good even for a skinny freshman playing against D-2 guys. UNI missed out.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » November 4th, 2010, 9:30 pm

Warmups.
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 45otseoj » November 4th, 2010, 10:03 pm

MoValley John wrote:Doug McDermott looked good even for a skinny freshman playing against D-2 guys. UNI missed out.

I'm still confused on why dad thought son could play for him at Creighton but not at Iowa State. From the times I saw Doug in high school, he looked like he would be fine in the Big XII with some time spent in the weight room. If dad decides to not play the Echemonster and POYKLjr. together then I'll take son as FOY.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball