4%
Odom - Indiana State
8%
A. Davis - Bradley
No votes

Total votes : 76

Official MVCfans.com Prediction - Freshman of the Year

Postby MVCfans » October 12th, 2010, 7:27 pm

Please choose the player you think will be voted MVC Freshman of the Year for the 2010-2011 Mens Basketball Season. Names listed per the nominations and earlier thread on this topic.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Official MVCfans.com Prediction - Freshman of the Year

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Official MVCfans.com Prediction - Freshman of the Year

Postby Little Eddie » October 13th, 2010, 7:03 am

While I think that McD will end up being a really good player for CU, I don't see him getting the PT necessary to win this award. There are quite a few others on this list that will be getting loads more PT due to neccesity. I picked Rayvonte as he seems due to get lots of PT...
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby DoubleJayAlum » October 13th, 2010, 8:46 am

Little Eddie wrote:While I think that McD will end up being a really good player for CU, I don't see him getting the PT necessary to win this award. There are quite a few others on this list that will be getting loads more PT due to neccesity. I picked Rayvonte as he seems due to get lots of PT...

Ditto.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby dgreenwell3 » October 13th, 2010, 9:01 am

I think Jake Odom has the opportunity to because I believe he is going to have alot of responsibility and playing time but not sure if he will get the attention neccessary to win...
dgreenwell3
MVC Victory Cigar
MVC Victory Cigar

Postby BirdmanBB » October 13th, 2010, 11:36 am

Shocker Special:

Jordan Threloff
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » October 14th, 2010, 3:47 pm

Little Eddie wrote:While I think that McD will end up being a really good player for CU, I don't see him getting the PT necessary to win this award. There are quite a few others on this list that will be getting loads more PT due to neccesity. I picked Rayvonte as he seems due to get lots of PT...

I agree on the PT being a key to the award and Rice looks most likely to have significant PT as well as be in a position where he will be asked to do quite a bit.

Still think Rank for UNI could be in a position for quality production as well.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Little Eddie » October 18th, 2010, 11:05 am

PricklyPete wrote:There has been almost universal praise for young McDermott after last night's public event and scrimmage. INone of us are wise enough to know how the minutes are going to be divided but it sounds like Doug's upside may be even higher than expected.

He did look good that's for sure...very smooth and seemingly confident in himself.

BirdmanBB were you serious about Threloff? I ask because I know he wasn't good enough to stay on Indy St's radar...
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby 45otseoj » October 19th, 2010, 10:44 am

Little Eddie wrote:
PricklyPete wrote:There has been almost universal praise for young McDermott after last night's public event and scrimmage. INone of us are wise enough to know how the minutes are going to be divided but it sounds like Doug's upside may be even higher than expected.

He did look good that's for sure...very smooth and seemingly confident in himself.

BirdmanBB were you serious about Threloff? I ask because I know he wasn't good enough to stay on Indy St's radar...

I don't think Threloff will make a big impact this year, but he has a promising future. You say he wasn't good enough to stay on Indy St's radar, but everything I've read said you were interested until you saw he wasn't looking your way anymore. Do you know something the general public doesn't?
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » October 19th, 2010, 11:29 am

45otseoj wrote:
Little Eddie wrote:

I don't think Threloff will make a big impact this year, but he has a promising future. You say he wasn't good enough to stay on Indy St's radar, but everything I've read said you were interested until you saw he wasn't looking your way anymore. Do you know something the general public doesn't?

I'm guessing you don't know who Little Eddie is? He knows a lot that the general public doesn't know.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bigdawg » October 19th, 2010, 11:38 am

I don't think McDermott will win because there are too many guys returning for Creighton for him to get enough minutes but I might pick him if we were choosing playground style for what we expect they'll become in four years. Anyon know how often the media predictions are right on these?
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball