MVC TV?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

MVC TV?

Postby Redbirdfan21 » October 15th, 2010, 10:48 am

Does anyone remember when someone with a name of "MVC something or other" came around to different message boards some time last year talking about how the MVC was working on/getting ready to announce a streaming media deal similar to the Horizon League. The person never said exactly what was in the works but they hinted it would be similar to the Horizon League.

Anyone remember this and have any idea if/when/why that died? Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere and I missed it...
Redbirdfan21
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

MVC TV?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: MVC TV?

Postby TylerDurden » October 15th, 2010, 1:02 pm

They did announce streaming championships (I'll look for that link). I know baseball and softball were free events last year and were pretty good quality.

I don't recall any horizon package stuff.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Re: MVC TV?

Postby BU fan » October 15th, 2010, 3:50 pm

Redbirdfan21 wrote:Does anyone remember when someone with a name of "MVC something or other" came around to different message boards some time last year talking about how the MVC was working on/getting ready to announce a streaming media deal similar to the Horizon League. The person never said exactly what was in the works but they hinted it would be similar to the Horizon League.

Anyone remember this and have any idea if/when/why that died? Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere and I missed it...

That poster used the name MVCsports, and posted similar massages on several boards. He worked in the Sports Information division of the MVC office in St. Louis, but I think he has left that job and is no longer working for the MVC.
I don't know if the MVC is still working on this deal, but here is what he posted back in November, 2009-
http://bradleyfans.com/vb/showthread.ph ... post143720
http://www.mvc-sports.com/ViewArticle.d ... =204823515
BU fan
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball