17%
Rice - Drake
14%
Scheer - Missouri State
7%

Total votes : 72

Re: Official MVCfans.com Prediction - Newcomer of the Year

Postby DoubleJayAlum » October 17th, 2010, 3:58 pm

WSUbballer wrote:But I think their perspective is a little off.

How so?

I can understand not wanting to buy into the hype until seeing him play. However, I don't understand the perspective comment.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DoubleJayAlum » October 17th, 2010, 4:03 pm

jayball wrote: While ORear and Baby Koch are nice....they have big shoes to fill from Shrek and Big Koch.

I personally believe that O'Rear is one of the most underrated players in the conference. That last two seasons, he has seemed to be the team leader and provides a huge spark off the bench. The fact that he can play the 4 and 5 has proved pretty valuable. He's a bit thugish, but is surprisingly athletic. Additionally, he has dealt Creighton more fits than Egleseder ever did.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » October 17th, 2010, 6:45 pm

O'Rear is very valuable to UNI with what he brings defensively and with the energy he provides.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby RoyalShock » October 18th, 2010, 11:48 am

I voted for Echenique before having seen him play. I then watched the YouTube of CU's scrimmage and even though it wasn't a real game situation, you could see his talent and athleticism. He's going to be good one.
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby WSUbballer » October 18th, 2010, 7:57 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:

How so?

I can understand not wanting to buy into the hype until seeing him play. However, I don't understand the perspective comment.

Probably not the best word choice. I just think because they've been waiting so long for an inside go-to guy or strong inside presence that some CU fans think that they have things locked up based on something they finally have that other teams have already had.

Does that make sense? Probably not.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snapshot9 » October 18th, 2010, 9:07 pm

I think their perspective is being shaded because they think the Big East is so far above the MVC, especially the big men, and that is not necessarily true. So, because he averaged 7.8 ppg in the Big East must mean he will be a superstar in the MVC. At least, this is my perception of what their expectations are.
Snapshot9
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DoubleJayAlum » October 18th, 2010, 10:55 pm

WSUbballer wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:

How so?

Probably not the best word choice. I just think because they've been waiting so long for an inside go-to guy or strong inside presence that some CU fans think that they have things locked up based on something they finally have that other teams have already had.

With all due respect, Lawson hasn't exactly been a failure. Without being a homer, I think it is fair to say that he was been one of the best big men in the conference last year. Since he made all conference teams, the other coahces/media in the league would seemingly agree.

Is last year really that long ago that we have been "waiting so long?" (Not to mention the fact that he is back this year...)
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » October 19th, 2010, 10:57 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
WSUbballer wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:How so?

With all due respect, Lawson hasn't exactly been a failure. Without being a homer, I think it is fair to say that he was been one of the best big men in the conference last year. Since he made all conference teams, the other coahces/media in the league would seemingly agree.

Is last year really that long ago that we have been "waiting so long?" (Not to mention the fact that he is back this year...)

Yes, Lawson was one of the better bigs last year and will be again this year. I don't think CU fans think he was utilized in the way they would like though. I think you even admitted that. Lawson didn't draw as much attention as E has when he first entered the program.

I just think the Big East line is a bit overused and some of the numbers he's carrying over to CU may be a touch inflated. Of course, I could be completely wrong too.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby beatingrillz » October 20th, 2010, 12:11 am

It is really sad that a bottom dweller Big East school has a transfer and the CU homers and the Pope think he is the anointed one of the valley. Give me a break he will be good but i dont think he will even be an all valley player this season
beatingrillz
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MoValley John » October 20th, 2010, 6:54 am

Can everyone just give it a rest already? Seriously? Now we have the Pope involved? I didn't know the Pope even watched basketball.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball