Sporing News - Wichita State #24

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Sporing News - Wichita State #24

Postby cpacmel » October 25th, 2010, 8:49 pm

oneNEIGHBOR wrote:im sure there are times when he thinks back to WSU... like times when there are very few supporters coming to the games, WSU is doing better then his team, and the stress of trying to compete in the Little 12.

At what point has WSU been doing better than Texas A&M though?
cpacmel
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby WSUbballer » October 25th, 2010, 9:22 pm

cpacmel wrote:
oneNEIGHBOR wrote:im sure there are times when he thinks back to WSU... like times when there are very few supporters coming to the games, WSU is doing better then his team, and the stress of trying to compete in the Little 12.

Fan support.

I know that isn't the above-all, end-all statistic, but it is something.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jayball » October 25th, 2010, 9:33 pm

WSUbballer wrote:
cpacmel wrote:

Fan support.

I like counting this stat. Good call baller.

In the future you guys might want to consider renting though. Then you could really outperform Turdgeon.
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WSUbballer » October 25th, 2010, 10:01 pm

jayball wrote:
WSUbballer wrote:
cpacmel wrote:At what point has WSU been doing better than Texas A&M though?

Fan support.

I like counting this stat. Good call baller.

In the future you guys might want to consider renting though. Then you could really outperform Turdgeon.

We've already outed ourselves on December 21st! :shock: :oops:
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » October 26th, 2010, 7:07 am

We got more votes than Texas A&M!!!!!!!! Wonder what Turgeon is thinking right now :D :lol:

How about...

..."At least I'm making twice as much money as Marshall"

...or maybe...

..."B12 (-2) scheduling sure is easy with all that football money. Just pay off a bunch of cupcakes and go undefeated."

...or maybe...

..."Wanna put any money on which school is more likely to get an at large bid?"
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » October 26th, 2010, 7:28 am

Aargh wrote:
We got more votes than Texas A&M!!!!!!!! Wonder what Turgeon is thinking right now :D :lol:

How about...

..."At least I'm making twice as much money as Marshall"

...or maybe...

..."B12 (-2) scheduling sure is easy with all that football money. Just pay off a bunch of cupcakes and go undefeated."

...or maybe...

..."Wanna put any money on which school is more likely to get an at large bid?"

These might be close to some of his actual thoughts, but probably not. The fact of the matter is this, he probably isn't paying a whole lot of attention to Wichita State. This isn't a slam on Wichita State, it is just the way it is. Turgeon moved on. People who are in high stress, competitive and performance based careers rarely look back. They pull the trigger and move on. No regrets.

If Turgeon was the type of guy who looked back, he would have already signed the deal to play Wichita State. He hasn't. Neither do any other coaches that move up and on. So while Turgeon probably still has a lot of friends in Wichita, he isn't thinking at all about his decision, in fact, he is probably looking at WSU in the polls and wishing the school the best of luck. Nothing more, nothing less.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby RoyalShock » October 26th, 2010, 12:12 pm

What MVJ said.
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby oneNEIGHBOR » October 26th, 2010, 12:55 pm

i dont think any coach is his right mind would go back to a previous team and play them. would Altman schedule a game with creighton??? its just not done. o and the money thing, how much more is he making anyway? It cant be that much different once you factor in the price of living in texas.
Go Shockers!
Ready for some basketball!
oneNEIGHBOR
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Shockerfan13 » October 26th, 2010, 1:20 pm

oneNEIGHBOR wrote:i dont think any coach is his right mind would go back to a previous team and play them. would Altman schedule a game with creighton??? its just not done. o and the money thing, how much more is he making anyway? It cant be that much different once you factor in the price of living in texas.

With no state income tax...no tax on groceries....etc Texas isn't THAT expensive of a place to live. Wish I could get back there, but alas it hasn't happened yet. Cost of living is used as an excuse wayyyyyy to much these days. It's not as big of a deal (in MOST places) as people percieve it to be.
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball