Bradley Practice Report

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Bradley Practice Report

Postby tribecalledquest » October 17th, 2010, 11:09 am

Here is a link to a blog from the PJStar--after attending a few of the first real practices. BU's Midnight Madness thing was more a dance contest, slam dunk thing, show off the new RENAISSANCE COLISEUM than any basketball related things.

http://blogs.pjstar.com/pressrow/2010/1 ... practices/

After reading the WSU writeup it appears that the Bradley kids weren't the only ones in the weight room and working out this offseason--dang. Bradley is a known quantity at 3-4 spots--but if Jim Les and Co. want to go from 4th/5th to an upper tier finish then unknown big men like Anthony Thompson and Jordan Prosser REALLY need to make big strides.

The guard play will be pretty good---I like the future of Dyricus Simms Edwards and Walter Lemon but Bradley is playing for now--and much will depend on the development of post play.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Bradley Practice Report

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bradley Practice Report

Postby squirrel » October 18th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Bradley canceled its media day scheduled for today due to the death of junior baseball player Phil Kaiser. It is not known if it will be rescheduled.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby beatingrillz » October 18th, 2010, 7:48 pm

Horrible news thoughts and prayers to his Family, Team, and all fans.
beatingrillz
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WuDrWu » October 19th, 2010, 10:19 am

That's 2 Valley players in 1 season.....coupled with Carl Hall's devastating injury, it's not been an off season to remember around these parts.

God bless his family and all those touched by him.
THE VALLEY RULES! GO VALLEY!
WuDrWu
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby redbirdfan71 » October 21st, 2010, 6:56 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:Here is a link to a blog from the PJStar--after attending a few of the first real practices. BU's Midnight Madness thing was more a dance contest, slam dunk thing, show off the new RENAISSANCE COLISEUM than any basketball related things.

After reading the WSU writeup it appears that the Bradley kids weren't the only ones in the weight room and working out this offseason--dang. Bradley is a known quantity at 3-4 spots--but if Jim Les and Co. want to go from 4th/5th to an upper tier finish then unknown big men like Anthony Thompson and Jordan Prosser REALLY need to make big strides.

The guard play will be pretty good---I like the future of Dyricus Simms Edwards and Walter Lemon but Bradley is playing for now--and much will depend on the development of post play.

I love the guards this year for Bradley. Sammy, Warren, Eastman, DSE. But you're totally right, they need a center or power forward who can play with their back to the basket. As much as I love Egolf's style of play he isn't a physical big man. I thought I'd never say it, but I'd love to have Matt Salley (in his last year) or Zach Andrews back. We have no one that can bang down low!!! Prosser definitely isn't the answer, and I doubt Thompson can handle it. I guess we will see it.
redbirdfan71
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby DUBulldog » October 21st, 2010, 8:08 pm

redbirdfan71 wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:Here is a link to a blog from the PJStar--after attending a few of the first real practices. BU's Midnight Madness thing was more a dance contest, slam dunk thing, show off the new RENAISSANCE COLISEUM than any basketball related things.

I love the guards this year for Bradley. Sammy, Warren, Eastman, DSE. But you're totally right, they need a center or power forward who can play with their back to the basket. As much as I love Egolf's style of play he isn't a physical big man. I thought I'd never say it, but I'd love to have Matt Salley (in his last year) or Zach Andrews back. We have no one that can bang down low!!! Prosser definitely isn't the answer, and I doubt Thompson can handle it. I guess we will see it.

I'm really confused....your screen name is "redbirdfan71" but you refer to Bradley as "we". Actually, you refer to Bradley as both "they" and "we". So, are you a BU fan or an ISU fan? Both?
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby valleychamp » October 21st, 2010, 8:14 pm

Its probably tornado. He just accidentally blew his cover. :lol:
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 45otseoj » October 21st, 2010, 10:39 pm

DUBulldog wrote:
redbirdfan71 wrote:

I'm really confused....your screen name is "redbirdfan71" but you refer to Bradley as "we". Actually, you refer to Bradley as both "they" and "we". So, are you a BU fan or an ISU fan? Both?

He was born and raised a Bradley fan, but now he's a student at ISU. He's having a real identity crisis. I'm trying to help him through it, but ridding someone of the disease that is being a Bradley fan is not easy. I wouldn't wish that terrible fate on anyone...
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby redbirdfan71 » October 22nd, 2010, 8:03 am

I am a Bradley basketball fan first and foremost. I go to ILstu. Having some trouble becoming a true redbird fan....the braves are all i know...
redbirdfan71
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball