5%
Stutz - Wichita State
10%
Other - Please specifiy your selection below
7%

Total votes : 87

Re: Official MVCfans.com Prediction - MVC Player of the Year

Postby SubGod22 » October 19th, 2010, 2:35 pm

jays11 wrote:Echenique is really going to suprise a lot of people in the Valley this year. He will really make Stutz look like a high school kid when they go up aginst eachother this year. Im calling Echenique Valley MVP.

:lol: Comedy gold!!!
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby 45otseoj » October 19th, 2010, 4:50 pm

jays11 wrote:Echenique is really going to suprise a lot of people in the Valley this year. He will really make Stutz look like a high school kid when they go up aginst eachother this year. Im calling Echenique Valley MVP.

Neutralizing the Echemonster for Dummies:
Stutz==>Image<==Greg
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby fastbow » October 19th, 2010, 5:34 pm

Yeah, you keep thinking that. That's the good thing about WSU. We don't need Stutz to bust up the Echinique all by himself. About the time Stutz starts to feel like he might need a nap - since the games against Creighton are gonna be yawners - or wants a drink of water, we can throw JT on him. When JT feels like he could use a break, we can let him play with Gabe Blair for a while. When Gabe's done with him, the Echinique might be feeling pretty dang tired. Well, as he's nodding off on the court, he'll have to deal with The Nigerian Nightmare!

By then, Stutz ought to be awake and refreshed and ready to start the cycle of pain all over again...

Damn it's good to be a Shocker!
fastbow
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby DoubleJayAlum » October 19th, 2010, 5:49 pm

fastbow wrote:

Yeah, you keep thinking that. That's the good thing about WSU. We don't need Stutz to bust up the Echinique all by himself. About the time Stutz starts to feel like he might need a nap - since the games against Creighton are gonna be yawners - or wants a drink of water, we can throw JT on him. When JT feels like he could use a break, we can let him play with Gabe Blair for a while. When Gabe's done with him, the Echinique might be feeling pretty dang tired. Well, as he's nodding off on the court, he'll have to deal with The Nigerian Nightmare!

By then, Stutz ought to be awake and refreshed and ready to start the cycle of pain all over again...

While I completely disavow the comments of jays11, I don't think it is as easy to manage that depth as you seem to think. When guys aren't getting a decent number of minutes, it can really impact team chemistry. It also leaves issues like pulling guys when they are just heating up or keeping them from getting into a rhythm. Creighton fans know this first hand as Dana often went 10 or 11 deep. It often created as many problems as it solved.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ihsi » October 19th, 2010, 6:41 pm

fastbow wrote:

I like Stutz and Durley but I'd take Echenique and Lawson head to head.
ihsi
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby fastbow » October 19th, 2010, 7:57 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
fastbow wrote:

While I completely disavow the comments of jays11, I don't think it is as easy to manage that depth as you seem to think. When guys aren't getting a decent number of minutes, it can really impact team chemistry. It also leaves issues like pulling guys when they are just heating up or keeping them from getting into a rhythm. Creighton fans know this first hand as Dana often went 10 or 11 deep. It often created as many problems as it solved.

Yeah. That sort of rotation might work once at most on a day when everyone's feeling a bit cold and in the end what we really do will look nothing like that. Besides, Blair is a 3/4, not a 4/5. Orukpe will probably not see much court time unless we really need a big stopper for a while and can forfeit some rebounding and scoring. Besides, Durley scored 15, Blair scored 9, and Stutz - who was still in his Fifi stage - and Ellis both scored 2 against Pittsburgh last year while we held their front court to 9, 10, and 1. Overall, we outrebounded their front court 18-16. I don't fear a front court player who found the Big East too hard. Now, if he were a guard, I'd be quaking in my boots...

Still, I'd take Stutz/Durley/Blair/Orukpe over Echinique/Lawson, no matter how they rotated.
fastbow
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby goUEaces » October 19th, 2010, 8:15 pm

I voted for Weems because he is such a good all around player, but whoever wins the conference will have the player of the year on their team so it will probably be Stutz or Murry.
goUEaces
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby Wufan » October 19th, 2010, 8:25 pm

The match-up between CU and WSU front courts is what I want to see! Lawson is a hell of a player and Equ... Sure is getting some hype. I am excited to see him play. That said, our size and depth is impressive. I think the Shocks will be one of the best front courts in the country. We will see.

Who is the best post in the MVC? Lawson? big E, Stutz, Durley, Weems, Teague? Who am I missing?
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » October 19th, 2010, 8:26 pm

The strategy with CU is to play physical and trade fouls. When Stutz, Durley, Lawson and Echinique foul out, WSU is left with Blair, Ellis, and Orukpe if needed. CU is left with the sounds of crickets in the Qwiet Center.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » October 19th, 2010, 8:41 pm

Wufan wrote:Who is the best post in the MVC? Lawson? big E, Stutz, Durley, Weems, Teague? Who am I missing?

Van Deest at Drake is going to be a good one. He had some excellent games last season as a freshman, and he has bulked up by 20-25 pounds (and grown an inch) since then. He's not the most athletic guy, but he's got great footwork and post moves, can block shots and has range out to the 3-point line.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball