5%
Stutz - Wichita State
10%
Other - Please specifiy your selection below
7%

Total votes : 87

Official MVCfans.com Prediction - MVC Player of the Year

Postby MVCfans » October 18th, 2010, 11:16 am

Please choose the player you think will be voted Missouri Valley Conference Player of the Year for the 2010-2011 Mens Basketball Season. I have chosen 9 of the players listed on nominations and will allow for "other" votes as well if you would like to vote for a player other than those listed.

I will close the voting on Monday, October 25. MVC media days selections will be made public on Tuesday, October 26.

Thanks to everyone for participating.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Official MVCfans.com Prediction - MVC Player of the Year

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Official MVCfans.com Prediction - MVC Player of the Year

Postby valleychamp » October 18th, 2010, 11:22 am

I predict Kwadzo will be pre-season MVP because of past accomplishments, but I predict WSU will win the league, and Murry will be their best player. So I'll go with Murry for MVP.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » October 18th, 2010, 7:54 pm

Weems is probably the best all-around player in the league.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » October 18th, 2010, 10:11 pm

I voted for Stutz. Weems is probably the guy who should get it, but MSU isn't likely to either overachieve compared to expectations or win the league, so I doubt he'll get it.

Murry is a good all-around player who hits every area of the stats, but would need a breakout year compared to last year, and I don't think that's going to happen. Durley isn't on the list or I would have voted for him. If he would decide to take it, it would be his. He's got the athleticism and skills to earn it and to be the actual most valuable player in the league instead of just for WSU. The issues with Durley (in my opinion) are that he has to believe he can be that good and then he would have to want to be that good very badly.

Now that I've seen Stutz, he could be in for a breakout year. Stutz is moving smoothly, he's making decisions and moves quickly, he's able to hang down low and push instead of getting pushed - and he's practicing against a guy his size. Orukpe (252 lbs.) is probably stronger than Stutz (256 lbs.), and definitely quicker and more athletic.

It's easier for a 7' guy to get noticed and get media attention, and Stutz looks like he's going to give the media plenty to get excited about. Stutz could match Murry's scoring this year, get maybe 7 or 8 boards, a bunch of blocks, and plenty of highlight reels. Put WSU in the top 25 - which needs to happen both for WSU and the Valley, and Stutz will be seen on ESPN more than Murry.

Nobody said MVC PoY was fair or a true evaluation. I think Stutz is going to show huge improvement this year and get a lot of attention. If that happens and WSU wins the Valley - it's his - unless Durley decides it's his - but I don't think that's going to happen.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Little Eddie » October 19th, 2010, 6:45 am

I picked Stutz...just a hunch on my part...he was already pretty good last year and if he's improved I see him soaring to the top. It should be really close though...even if WSU wins the Valley. I don't see anyone running away w/ this award this season.

Sleeper is Peter Von Tongeran...I kid!!!!

I would have put in Dwayne Lathan as the possible POY for Indy St...he's their best player in my opinion. I don't see Kelly being much more than a serviceable starter for the Syc's this year. Lathan showed that he has the ability to take over games even while injured...I think he scored 17 points in their last game pretty much w/out the use of his left hand which was injured.
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby valleychamp » October 19th, 2010, 9:30 am

Is Stutz that much better than Eglseder? Is he going to put up numbers better than JE? Idk.

Eglseder put up really solid numbers on the best team in the MVC, and he did not win the POY.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 45otseoj » October 19th, 2010, 9:49 am

valleychamp wrote:Is Stutz that much better than Eglseder? Is he going to put up numbers better than JE? Idk.

Eglseder put up really solid numbers on the best team in the MVC, and he did not win the POY.

IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby valleychamp » October 19th, 2010, 9:53 am

He wasn't going to win the POY even if he never got busted.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 45otseoj » October 19th, 2010, 9:54 am

valleychamp wrote:He wasn't going to win the POY even if he never got busted.

Are you sure :?:
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Unsmooth Moment » October 19th, 2010, 12:14 pm

I'll take Weems
Unsmooth Moment
MVC starter
MVC starter

Next