5%
Stutz - Wichita State
10%
Other - Please specifiy your selection below
7%

Total votes : 87

Re: Official MVCfans.com Prediction - MVC Player of the Year

Postby WSUbballer » October 19th, 2010, 10:51 pm

jays11 wrote:Echenique is really going to suprise a lot of people in the Valley this year. He will really make Stutz look like a high school kid when they go up aginst eachother this year. Im calling Echenique Valley MVP.

How is "Big E" gonna surprise anybody when already he has surpassed the combined hype of Matt Shaw and Gal Mekel put together?

Well if he's gonna make Stutz look like a high school kid, then I don't think anybody else in the Valley can stop him either. I'm calling it now. 18-0 this year for the BJ's.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby jayball » October 20th, 2010, 8:01 am

Aargh wrote:The strategy with CU is to play physical and trade fouls. When Stutz, Durley, Lawson and Echinique foul out, WSU is left with Blair, Ellis, and Orukpe if needed. CU is left with the sounds of crickets in the Qwiet Center.

No way Aargh, we have a 6'4" wing player that has experience playing the 5. And a couple of walkons that are tall.
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby jayball » October 20th, 2010, 8:06 am

WSUbballer wrote:How is "Big E" gonna surprise anybody when already he has surpassed the combined hype of Matt Shaw and Gal Mekel put together?

Impossible. No mortal could generate that kind of hype.

But I will gladly take your prediction for the Jays conference record. I don't think any jay fans have gone that far yet....even the koolaid mixers.

Has anyone had an undefeated conference season?
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DUBulldog » October 20th, 2010, 8:09 am

jayball wrote:
WSUbballer wrote:Has anyone had an undefeated conference season?

I assume you're talking about the MVC here. The last MVC team to go undefeated in conference play was Bradley back in the mid-80s. SIU came very close earlier this decade, losing only the final conference game.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DoubleJayAlum » October 20th, 2010, 8:10 am

Aargh wrote:The strategy with CU is to play physical and trade fouls. When Stutz, Durley, Lawson and Echinique foul out, WSU is left with Blair, Ellis, and Orukpe if needed. CU is left with the sounds of crickets in the Qwiet Center.

The crickets are named Wragge, McDermott and Runnels.

My concern is not with the posts, it is with our guards. I never thought I would say such a thing about a team of Altman recruits.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby musiccitybulldog » October 20th, 2010, 8:54 am

I have a player of the year question. Was there ever a Freshman as Player of the Year?
I think I can remember some transfers being selected.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WuDrWu » October 20th, 2010, 10:43 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:

The crickets are named Wragge, McDermott and Runnels.

My concern is not with the posts, it is with our guards. I never thought I would say such a thing about a team of Altman recruits.

Wragge is totally incapable of guarding anyone of size. That is assuming his defense has improved dramatically from last year when he couldn't guard anyone at all. Runnels is a nice player who will fight, but is undersized. McDermott looks to have a solid game but freshman post player usually struggle on the defensive end of the court. Not always, but usually. McDermott appears to have the talent that could buck that trend. Wragge brings a lot to the offensive end of the court and McDermott appears to be very capable as well although I suspect he'll find the grind of the regular season slightly tougher than high school.

My concerns about WSU is the ability to make jumpers. I suspect we'll see a lot of zone, and if we can't make open jumpers we will not be terribly successful. That is certainly a concern of mine.
THE VALLEY RULES! GO VALLEY!
WuDrWu
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby underdawg » October 20th, 2010, 12:25 pm

Seems like a lot of Dis on SIU in this board. Fay will be among the scoring leaders for the MVC---probably won't win unless his team picks up--but should have been listed.
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DoubleJayAlum » October 20th, 2010, 12:29 pm

musiccitybulldog wrote:I have a player of the year question. Was there ever a Freshman as Player of the Year?
I think I can remember some transfers being selected.

Never is a pretty long time, but I certainly don't remember one recently. Heck very few Freshmen even make ALL-MVC teams recently, let alone POY. If I'm not mistaken the last frosh to make an ALL-MVC squad was Stinnett (and I believe that may have been second team).

Rice should aim for all conference first. He can worry about POY next season. :roll:
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SubGod22 » October 20th, 2010, 12:31 pm

underdawg wrote:Seems like a lot of Dis on SIU in this board. Fay will be among the scoring leaders for the MVC---probably won't win unless his team picks up--but should have been listed.

Do you really see Fay as that type of player? I just don't see him being the go to type of guy. He's a very good player who fills a role but I'm not sure that's the one. Obviously you've seen him play more than I and I'm not trying to belittle anyone. He's just never struck me as the one you can ride every game.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball