Baker/VanVleet - Baker/VanVleet

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Baker/VanVleet - Baker/VanVleet

Postby Aargh » November 26th, 2013, 2:13 am

If anyone is going to take PoY away from Early, it could be Baker.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby havoc » November 26th, 2013, 6:20 am

BEARZ77 wrote:Really like DJ for UE; Bears really wanted a backcourt of DJ and Marcus but Evansville won the hometown kids signature, and they will reap that benefit 3 more years.

DJ is from Kokomo Indiana; about four hours from Evansville. Bradley, Illinois State, Indiana State, and Loyola are all as close, if not closer to Kokomo than Evansville is.
havoc
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Black » November 26th, 2013, 10:06 pm

Jason King tweets one especially to Bearz77 tonight:

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider 18m
Big time sleeper RT @JasonKingESPN: Gotta think the NBA scouts on hand for tonight's game are impressed with Wichita State's Ron Baker.

Jason King ‏@JasonKingESPN 23m
Gotta think the NBA scouts on hand for tonight's game are impressed with Wichita State's Ron Baker. So much more than a shooter.

https://twitter.com/JasonKingESPN
Black
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Aargh » November 26th, 2013, 11:35 pm

They did it again. VanVleet had 8 consecutive points for the Shox that took the game from a toss up to a 5-point Shox lead.

Baker with a new career high of 23 even though he had an off shooting night. For those of you who think he can't create his own shot, check out his FT stats. You don't go 11/11 from the FT line by hanging out on the perimeter and waiting for an open 3 ball.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby iSASO » November 26th, 2013, 11:36 pm

Another record scoring night for Baker, and some late-game heroics from Van Vleet. Suppose Baker created a few of those baskets? I saw a few.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby iSASO » November 26th, 2013, 11:41 pm

Baker has 10 blocked shots in 7 games.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » November 27th, 2013, 6:32 am

Baker is top 10 in scoring, assists, steals, and blocks. He is second in A:TO. VanVleet is first in A:TO and second in assists. Good backcourt.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby iSASO » November 27th, 2013, 8:46 am

Ron Baker = CBE Classic Tournament MVP
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Bmarq04 » November 27th, 2013, 9:22 am

As a fan of a team that will play WSU at least twice this year, I'm not thrilled that Baker is seeming to be as we'll rounded as he is. But, I think the argument of whether or not he can create for himself has been put to bed. I didn't watch the game last night but saw replays on espn this morning. They showed him put it on the floor from the high right wing and get to the hole. It was so smooth. A player that isn't used to creating for themselves wouldn't have looked near as smooth.

Every game there are examples of his ability.
Bmarq04
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby glm38 » November 27th, 2013, 9:27 am

Bmarq04 wrote:As a fan of a team that will play WSU at least twice this year, I'm not thrilled that Baker is seeming to be as we'll rounded as he is. But, I think the argument of whether or not he can create for himself has been put to bed. I didn't watch the game last night but saw replays on espn this morning. They showed him put it on the floor from the high right wing and get to the hole. It was so smooth. A player that isn't used to creating for themselves wouldn't have looked near as smooth.

Every game there are examples of his ability.

I agree. No doubt he can create his own shot. He probably always had the ability but just didn't need to use it much last year.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball