Baker/VanVleet - Baker/VanVleet

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Baker/VanVleet - Baker/VanVleet

Postby Red » November 14th, 2013, 1:45 pm

You should bump this for sure after the pair get their first career win over the Aces.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby 2livewu » November 14th, 2013, 2:03 pm

Red wrote:You should bump this for sure after the pair get their first career win over the Aces.

Now THAT'S how you post a zinger. Well done sir. :Yea!:
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Black » November 14th, 2013, 2:05 pm

Red wrote:You should bump this for sure after the pair get their first career win over the Aces.

Too bad the same can't be said for your team. 3-0. 1.000%
Black
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Aargh » November 14th, 2013, 4:28 pm

I'm going to guess they get that the first time they try it.

Baker didn't play in any of the games against Evansville last year. Maybe if Evansville could have stuck around a little longer in St. Louis, Baker could have had a game against the Colts.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » November 14th, 2013, 4:31 pm

It's really kind of goofy to bring this back up. 4 good young MVC players. THE WSU duo has a big edge right now due to their contribution to a F4 team. But Marshall is one of the better young guards I've seen. And Thurman has a ton of potential.

Why don't we bring this up again in 3 years?
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby iSASO » November 14th, 2013, 10:31 pm

glm38 wrote:It's really kind of goofy to bring this back up. 4 good young MVC players. THE WSU duo has a big edge right now due to their contribution to a F4 team. But Marshall is one of the better young guards I've seen. And Thurman has a ton of potential.

OK. We will. Book it.

Let's also take an accounting of whose teams perform the best over the next three years of their careers. Both are guards, both play PG. Like a quarterback, they are judged on how well their team performs, not just their individual stats.

Both Baker and VanVleet have a 30-win season and a Final Four in the credit column on the ledger. Not a bad place to start, but 3 more years is a long time. Thurman and Marshall might equal and surpass that mark. Time will tell.

Can I get in on the beer in STL action or has that offer expired for some reason?
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ricardo del Rio » November 15th, 2013, 2:28 pm

glm38 wrote:It's really kind of goofy to bring this back up. 4 good young MVC players. THE WSU duo has a big edge right now due to their contribution to a F4 team. But Marshall is one of the better young guards I've seen. And Thurman has a ton of potential.

By the time that Marshall and Thurman graduate, they will take their place among the all time Valley greats - Oscar, Bird, X, Dougie, Hawkins, Chet the Jet, Wes Unseld, Mo Cheeks, etc.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » November 15th, 2013, 10:35 pm

iSASO wrote:

OK. We will. Book it.

Let's also take an accounting of whose teams perform the best over the next three years of their careers. Both are guards, both play PG. Like a quarterback, they are judged on how well their team performs, not just their individual stats.

Both Baker and VanVleet have a 30-win season and a Final Four in the credit column on the ledger. Not a bad place to start, but 3 more years is a long time. Thurman and Marshall might equal and surpass that mark. Time will tell.

Can I get in on the beer in STL action or has that offer expired for some reason?

You've got the wrong guy. I never was in on any bet. Just defending my guys.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » November 15th, 2013, 10:44 pm

Ricardo del Rio wrote:

By the time that Marshall and Thurman graduate, they will take their place among the all time Valley greats - Oscar, Bird, X, Dougie, Hawkins, Chet the Jet, Wes Unseld, Mo Cheeks, etc.

Where is that coming from? All anybody (Bears or Shox fans) has said is that all 4 are very good young players. Who said anything about all time great status for any of them?
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » November 16th, 2013, 9:59 am

glm38 wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:

Where is that coming from? All anybody (Bears or Shox fans) has said is that all 4 are very good young players. Who said anything about all time great status for any of them?

It comes from them. Isaso and RDR always have been two very weird and insecure posters.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball