Best Rivalry

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Best Rivalry

Postby gobirds85 » October 27th, 2010, 7:02 pm

It is hard to be objective here being a Redbird fan for 30 years, but the ISU/bu rivalry is numero uno in the Valley. Maybe CU/SIU in the runner up position?

As we all know toolie trolls here and every other Valley site along with State and County websites regarding infractions of the law, I think we need to point out that he missed one right in his own back yard...on Oct. 10th the former bu player Daniel "ligature marks on the neck" Ruffin was arrested for DUI. How could he have missed this? If a SIU or ISU player jaywalks toolie is all over it.

Didn't bu have the most recent ncaa investigation in the Valley? Rivalries...gotta love 'em.
gobirds85
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby shockalot » October 27th, 2010, 7:20 pm

MoValley John wrote:I just saw Creighton's official schedule for the first time. I guess Wichita State will have to take another back seat in the rivalry war thingy. You see, Wichita State garnered the White Out for Wichita, but Northern Iowa just trumped them by landing the "Checkerboard for Cedar Falls" game.

http://www.gocreighton.com/SportSelect. ... PSID=89385
Wed, Jan 12 Wichita State (White Out) * Omaha, Neb. 7:05 PM
Sat, Feb 26 Northern Iowa (Checkerboard) * Omaha, Neb. TBD

If the intent of this practice is now supposedly just all about word association and not anything to do with building maximum fan energy for a particular "rival", then I think the bjays need to get more creative about it. Instead of the lame Checkerboard for Cedar Falls (which really strikes me as stretching to try to make a disingenuous point, but whatever), how about "Checkerboard for Chuckleheads". Next year the bjays could do "Blueballs for Bradley". Perhaps, since CU considers Nebraska a real rival they don't want to do this approach, but if its okay to do it for a "real" rival also and not just another nonrivalry team, they could consider "Naked for Nebraska", or if that is too risque, maybe "Linen for Lincoln".
shockalot
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby 45otseoj » October 28th, 2010, 9:20 am

gobirds85 wrote:It is hard to be objective here being a Redbird fan for 30 years, but the ISU/bu rivalry is numero uno in the Valley. Maybe CU/SIU in the runner up position?

As we all know toolie trolls here and every other Valley site along with State and County websites regarding infractions of the law, I think we need to point out that he missed one right in his own back yard...on Oct. 10th the former bu player Daniel "ligature marks on the neck" Ruffin was arrested for DUI. How could he have missed this? If a SIU or ISU player jaywalks toolie is all over it.

Didn't bu have the most recent ncaa investigation in the Valley? Rivalries...gotta love 'em.

Let him do his thing. I wouldn't recommend joining him though. Players on both side of Interstate 74, past and present, have gotten in trouble. Now, if an incident is public knowledge and you feel like starting a "DUI" chant (http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/articl ... e9669.html) or a "Please Don't Hit Me" chant (http://www.pjstar.com/news/police/x1868 ... or-battery) then go right ahead. It's part of the rivalry. The part that seems over the top is posting driving citations and playing them off as felonies or worrying about a former player getting a DUI. Both schools have a great basketball tradition, but once a player finishes his playing career for either school, their lives should be left alone and their actions shouldn't be held against the school they played for.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TylerDurden » October 28th, 2010, 9:29 am

45otseoj wrote:
gobirds85 wrote:It is hard to be objective here being a Redbird fan for 30 years, but the ISU/bu rivalry is numero uno in the Valley. Maybe CU/SIU in the runner up position?

Let him do his thing. I wouldn't recommend joining him though. Players on both side of Interstate 74, past and present, have gotten in trouble. Now, if an incident is public knowledge and you feel like starting a "DUI" chant (http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/articl ... e9669.html) or a "Please Don't Hit Me" chant (http://www.pjstar.com/news/police/x1868 ... or-battery) then go right ahead. It's part of the rivalry. The part that seems over the top is posting driving citations and playing them off as felonies or worrying about a former player getting a DUI. Both schools have a great basketball tradition, but once a player finishes his playing career for either school, their lives should be left alone and their actions shouldn't be held against the school they played for.

ISU has a basketball team?
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 45otseoj » October 28th, 2010, 9:36 am

TylerDurden wrote:
45otseoj wrote:

ISU has a basketball team?

IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby gobirds85 » October 28th, 2010, 9:45 am

Yes Tyler, we do. In fact, in the last three meetings...ISU 3 bu 0.

Don't worry Joe I will not and simply cannot stoop as low as toolie when it comes to digging up dirt on all the other Valley teams. It's just funny and sad when you read his diatribes regarding the evil cabal that has the ncaa, the pjs, the local authorities and now the voters of the Valley preseason polls all out to get jimmy and his boys. Soon even Obama and George Bush will team up in an attempt to bring down the 11th best midmajor basketball program over the last six years to it's knees. Oh the horror!!!
gobirds85
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball