First UNI, Now MSU?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: First UNI, Now MSU?

Postby TNMSUFAN » October 28th, 2010, 7:07 am

The other numbers from the USA Today database that were interesting were the contributions . WSU received $5.6 mil more than the closest university but still has student fees and direct institutional support...without football. Also, I was surprised SIU had the highest "total operating expenses".

Contributions

IL State - $1.4 mil
IN State - $766 k
MO State - $3.3 mil
N. Iowa - $2.6 mil
S. Illinois - $2.6 mil
Wichita St - $8.9 mil

Total operation expenses

IL State - $15 mil
IN State - $11 mil
MO State - $14 mil
N. Iowa - $17 mil
S. Illinois - $20 mil
Wichita St - $18 mil
TNMSUFAN
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby RoyalShock » October 28th, 2010, 12:55 pm

I know a chunk of those WSU student fees are going to pay the bond used to finance the arena renovations. Some of the direct institutional support may also be for that purpose, but I'm not sure.

Those contributions are why we can pay our coaches well without being concerned their salaries are going to be a drag on the athletic department.
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MoValley John » October 28th, 2010, 1:10 pm

RoyalShock wrote:I know a chunk of those WSU student fees are going to pay the bond used to finance the arena renovations. Some of the direct institutional support may also be for that purpose, but I'm not sure.

Those contributions are why we can pay our coaches well without being concerned their salaries are going to be a drag on the athletic department.

I believe that a large percentage of the student fees at SIU are being used to finance Saluki Way. I may be wrong but a Saluki fan could correct this. I also believe that there is a sunset period for those fees.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » October 28th, 2010, 1:12 pm

Does anyone have tuition figures for MVC schools?
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby TNMSUFAN » October 28th, 2010, 7:44 pm

RoyalShock wrote:I know a chunk of those WSU student fees are going to pay the bond used to finance the arena renovations. Some of the direct institutional support may also be for that purpose, but I'm not sure.

I hope it didn't sound like I was flaming because I wasn't...it is awesome that you guys have the support to get those contributions and I wish we did a better job getting our numbers up. Considering what you guys pay your coaches I was actually shocked SIU spent more. We need that spreadsheet guy to come back and put all these numbers together for us to see who spends what where.
TNMSUFAN
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball