Exhibition game results - DePauw 66 Evansville 62

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Exhibition Games (10/30/2010)

Postby Snaggletooth » October 31st, 2010, 4:13 pm

Aces1982 wrote:
WuDrWu wrote:I don't care if the Evansville administration has talked about it or not, the rest of the league has to get on the same page and tell the programs not carrying their weight to step up or go away.

Yes, that's you Evansville. You are a DII program....I just wish you'd start living like it.

Just a quick reminder that D II program beat UNI and WSU late in the year last year.

And your point is? Any given game anything can happen. It sure didn't help the MVC in national eyes. Regardless of those two victories Evansville was still one of the worst basketball team in the nation.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby AndShock » October 31st, 2010, 4:51 pm

Aces1982 wrote:
WuDrWu wrote:I don't care if the Evansville administration has talked about it or not, the rest of the league has to get on the same page and tell the programs not carrying their weight to step up or go away.

Yes, that's you Evansville. You are a DII program....I just wish you'd start living like it.

Just a quick reminder that D II program beat UNI and WSU late in the year last year.

Exactly. I don't see the need for a team in our conference whose biggest accomplishment all year is to play spoiler for our NCAA caliber teams.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ace Dad » October 31st, 2010, 4:53 pm

Amazing how fans believe that a conference should be made up of ten schools with RPIs of 40-90. A conference will typically be comprised of schools that fall into three tiers. The lower tier schools do not compromise, embarrass, or "let down" the conference. It is the sum of parts that make the whole. I remember when SIU and Creighton were Kings of the Valley and their coaches could do no wrong. I remember when Northern Iowa was an afterthought. There are no automatic wins in the Valley. None. Games are played with five men against five men, not this level versus that level. Why do you think the Big 12 and Big 10 avoid the MVC? Coaches know that any night, a weaker team on paper can beat a stronger team. Any night.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WuDrWu » October 31st, 2010, 6:46 pm

This has very little to do with the quality of the basketball team, which is terrible right now.

It has to with what the school and administration is committing to the athletic program, which in Evansville's case isn't nearly enough to satisfy me, or anyone else with a functional brain. They are a drain on the other schools.

It's all about with whom you associate.....and the Aces are the welfare single mothers of our conference.

At least UNI brings in a little revenue, even though they also are a DII (or below) school.
THE VALLEY RULES! GO VALLEY!
WuDrWu
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby acesfool » October 31st, 2010, 6:53 pm

I didn't think it could get any worse than the second half of last season but Marty and the Aces sure showed me it could last night. Somebody needs to teach Marty how to spread the floor and tell him to quit setting all those picks for a proven 30% shooter.
acesfool
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby sixth ace » October 31st, 2010, 7:32 pm

WSUbballer wrote:I'd really, really like to see sixth ace's comments on this one. :oops:

I went to the game and didn't like what I saw I would say the seat under Marty got a little warmer after last night. We didn't hit free throws nor did we rebound. With several different lineups in and 11 days of practice,we just weren't ready to play. The Aces overlooked this team. They are :oops: but preparing for KWU next Saturday. We'll be at your house soon.
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces1982 » October 31st, 2010, 7:51 pm

AndShock wrote:
Aces1982 wrote:

Exactly. I don't see the need for a team in our conference whose biggest accomplishment all year is to play spoiler for our NCAA caliber teams.

I find it funny you blame the team that won instead of blaming your own team for not being able to beat us.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSUbballer » October 31st, 2010, 9:00 pm

Aces1982 wrote:
AndShock wrote:Exactly. I don't see the need for a team in our conference whose biggest accomplishment all year is to play spoiler for our NCAA caliber teams.

I find it funny you blame the team that won instead of blaming your own team for not being able to beat us.

If you followed WSU fans last year (which I'm sure you did), you surely noticed that every bit of blame was cast at WSU for the way they played. They ate it. Plain and simple. However, the point is that we know upsets happen. It would be better if it wasn't against a perennial cellar dweller who had a 250+ RPI and never has anything to lose. If SIU would have been our worst loss last year, it wouldn't have been near as debilitating IMO.

A conference is only as good as its weakest link. I'd prefer my weakest link to be somebody other than Evansville.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces1982 » October 31st, 2010, 9:15 pm

WSUbballer wrote:
Aces1982 wrote:
AndShock wrote:Exactly. I don't see the need for a team in our conference whose biggest accomplishment all year is to play spoiler for our NCAA caliber teams.

If you followed WSU fans last year (which I'm sure you did), you surely noticed that every bit of blame was cast at WSU for the way they played. They ate it. Plain and simple. However, the point is that we know upsets happen. It would be better if it wasn't against a perennial cellar dweller who had a 250+ RPI and never has anything to lose. If SIU would have been our worst loss last year, it wouldn't have been near as debilitating IMO.

A conference is only as good as its weakest link. I'd prefer my weakest link to be somebody other than Evansville.

Every loss to a last place team in the MVC is going to be someones worst loss. Every year the Valley's last place team is going to have a horrible RPI. The simple solution is beat them. If they are that bad it shouldn't be that big of a task.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Shockerfan13 » October 31st, 2010, 9:20 pm

Aces1982 wrote:
WSUbballer wrote:Evansville does not belong in this league. And it's not just basketball. Their entire athletic program is God-awful.

I agree, they do not belong in this conference. I have said it myself. Nor do they belong in D II.

You are right, Evansville doesn't belong in D II. They couldn't even beat a D III team.....maybe D IV? :lol:
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball