Exhibition game results - DePauw 66 Evansville 62

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Exhibition Games (10/30/2010)

Postby Aces1982 » October 31st, 2010, 9:27 pm

Shockerfan13 wrote:
Aces1982 wrote:
WSUbballer wrote:Evansville does not belong in this league. And it's not just basketball. Their entire athletic program is God-awful.

I agree, they do not belong in this conference. I have said it myself. Nor do they belong in D II.

You are right, Evansville doesn't belong in D II. They couldn't even beat a D III team.....maybe D IV? :lol:

Funny stuff right there. LOL!!!

This D IV school beat you guys last year, right? Just saying. Anything you say about how bad UE is. Remember that reflects on everyone UE beat.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby WSUbballer » October 31st, 2010, 9:58 pm

In my opinion, WSU's worst opposition was themselves that night, not anything Evansville did.

Back to the subject at hand (the exhibition game not a game last year vs. WSU), I just feel a loss to a Division III school is downright an insult to our conference. Division II, yeah it's still embarrassing, but Division III? These guys don't even receive effing scholarships!!!!11 :oops:

I don't care who you are. SWAC schools don't even drop the ball against Division III opponents.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces1982 » October 31st, 2010, 10:17 pm

WSUbballer wrote:In my opinion, WSU's worst opposition was themselves that night, not anything Evansville did.

Back to the subject at hand (the exhibition game not a game last year vs. WSU), I just feel a loss to a Division III school is downright an insult to our conference. Division II, yeah it's still embarrassing, but Division III? These guys don't even receive effing scholarships!!!!11 :oops:

I don't care who you are. SWAC schools don't even drop the ball against Division III opponents.

It is downright terrible. Should never happen. Embarrassment to UE.

With that said, I don't think it says anything about this conference. Because outside this conference, there may be 37 people around the country that even know that game was played.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Unsmooth Moment » October 31st, 2010, 10:22 pm

They need to boot Evansville immediately, are they good in any sport they play? I'm not bashing I just think we could easily find a team better sooted for the Valley. The Horizon would be a perfect match for the Aces. How bout a swap for Butler straight up :D
Unsmooth Moment
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Ace Dad » October 31st, 2010, 10:45 pm

David should not beat Goliath.

Milan should not have beat the team from South Bend (Hoosiers)

The Amateur American Hockey Players should not have beat the Professional Russians (1980)

Remember when the Appalachian State football team beat Michigan?

Underdog Chaminade beat #1 Houston in 1982

LeMoyne College 82-79 upset nationally-ranked Syracuse (1983)

Carnegie Mellon beat Princeton a couple of years ago

Calm down, that is why they play the game. No way the Aces shoot 50% Free Throws all season long.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 1st, 2010, 6:58 am

This thread is pretty funny.

What is Marshall's conference record against Evansville since coming to WSU?
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » November 1st, 2010, 7:00 am

Didn't Bradley lose an exhibition to a D-III from Wisconsin a couple of years ago?

Were people calling for Bradley to be booted?

Pretty sure the Braves wound up in their usual 5th place finish for the season.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby cu8493 » November 1st, 2010, 7:57 am

While too lazy to look it up, Altman's exhibition games record is probably less than .750. I know we lost to traveling exhibition teams several times and lost at least one game to Division II UNO. He also had a couple of other very close games with UNO - including I think an overtime game (or one that was very close to going to overtime). In many of those years, CU ended up in the NCAAs. So I wouldn't get too excited about dropping an Exhibition game. Certainly, you would think a D1 school could out-athlete a lower division school. But, that doesn't alway happen. Don't forgot NAIA member Hawaii Chaminade beating No. 1 Virginia and Ralph Sampson back in the day. Coaches are working a lot of different kids and a lot of different combinations to see what does and doesn't work early on. So, IMO, big deal.
cu8493
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby acesfool » November 1st, 2010, 8:48 am

Unfortunately the rotation was probably close to what it will be most of the year. Several players played 25 plus minutes and super stud Ryan played 37 minutes. I would agree with you if a bunch of the new players would have played the majority of the minutes but that was certainly not the case.
acesfool
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby jayball » November 1st, 2010, 8:56 am

WSUbballer wrote:A conference is only as good as its weakest link. I'd prefer my weakest link to be somebody other than Evansville.

Disagree.

Big 10 is not judged by Penn State, Big 12 is not judged by Iowa State/Nebraska, A10 is not judged by Fordham. In general most conferences are judged by the success of their top teir schools.

So in my opinion, top top tier programs should probably STFU and just beat the lower tier teams.

It is kind of like Wall Street big wigs demanding to make risk free money.
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball