Any more exhibitions before 11/12/10 games?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Any more exhibitions before 11/12/10 games?

Postby jlandrus11 » November 7th, 2010, 12:20 pm

I was fearing yesterday afternoon, that Indiana State might lose to Wabash College. We only beat them by 11 and their enrollment is probably a little over 1,000.
jlandrus11
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby 45otseoj » November 7th, 2010, 12:35 pm

jlandrus11 wrote:I was fearing yesterday afternoon, that Indiana State might lose to Wabash College. We only beat them by 11 and their enrollment is probably a little over 1,000.

Pro prospect Jake Kelly: 24 minutes, 7 points, 4 assists, 2 steals, 1 rebound, 1 block, 1 turnover, 3 fouls.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSUbballer » November 7th, 2010, 12:36 pm

DUBulldog wrote:
WSUbballer wrote:
musiccitybulldog wrote:I think we will see some crow eaters, with all this picking on Evansville.
We will hear some bawling and crying when thier teams lose at Roberts this year.
Is there one MVC team who hasn't won at Roberts in 3 years?

I wish we could trade places with Drake over the last couple of years. They clearly have been in the better position with their road win over Evansville.

I think you miss his point entirely (or choose to ignore it?) It has nothing to do with Drake vs Wichita State or how they've done against UE. He's just saying that some of the people trash talking Evansville now will have some crow to eat later. Evansville will certainly beat some teams they're not "supposed" to beat.

You sure seem to have a bone to pick with me.. :|

Tell me it has nothing to do with WSU after reading his last sentence..

A lot of people will have a lot of crow to eat here. You probably feel like Drake is gonna wow the world, but have chosen not to say it. A lot of people are gonna say things like they are. It was the same last year and the year before that, and the year before that one, etc.

When you lose to non-D1 teams, you are opening yourself up to major criticism. I don't care who you are.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » November 7th, 2010, 12:37 pm

45otseoj wrote:
jlandrus11 wrote:I was fearing yesterday afternoon, that Indiana State might lose to Wabash College. We only beat them by 11 and their enrollment is probably a little over 1,000.

Pro prospect Jake Kelly: 24 minutes, 7 points, 4 assists, 2 steals, 1 rebound, 1 block, 1 turnover, 3 fouls.

:lol:
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jlandrus11 » November 7th, 2010, 2:14 pm

It's only an exhibition game people. He will step up his game when we need him too, and I am sure we didn't need his firepower to beat Wabash.
jlandrus11
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DUBulldog » November 7th, 2010, 2:29 pm

WSUbballer wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:I think you miss his point entirely (or choose to ignore it?) It has nothing to do with Drake vs Wichita State or how they've done against UE. He's just saying that some of the people trash talking Evansville now will have some crow to eat later. Evansville will certainly beat some teams they're not "supposed" to beat.

You sure seem to have a bone to pick with me.. :|

Tell me it has nothing to do with WSU after reading his last sentence..

A lot of people will have a lot of crow to eat here. You probably feel like Drake is gonna wow the world, but have chosen not to say it. A lot of people are gonna say things like they are. It was the same last year and the year before that, and the year before that one, etc.

When you lose to non-D1 teams, you are opening yourself up to major criticism. I don't care who you are.

I have no bone to pick with you....although I sometimes have a bone to pick with your comments. :P Subtle difference, but it's nothing personal.

I realize he was referring to WSU in the last sentence (well, actually I had to look it up). But, you responded as if he had somehow suggested Drake was superior to WSU over those 3 years, which I don't think he was saying in any way. I took it as saying that UE isn't as far below the rest of us as some seem to think.

As far as your comment that "You probably feel like Drake is gonna wow the world, but have chosen not to say it." Not true at all. I don't think Drake will wow the world, or even the MVC. But, I think they might surprise a few people along the way. I hope I'm right, but you never know.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 09grad » November 7th, 2010, 8:09 pm

I wish everyone would not be making such a big deal about these losses to D2 teams..or even D3 teams as far as evansville goes...because it all doesn't matter. because it is exhibition...UE played 2 games and had ZERO injuries, so good for them!! because they have a tough non confrence schedule..I understand this gives everyone a chance to talk about something but come on!!! back when the aces rocked roberts and contended for conference championships they lost to a team called Atheletes in ACtion 2 straight years...and guess what they still had good seasons.
09grad
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby 45otseoj » November 7th, 2010, 11:26 pm

tornado is still optimistic:
One more thing -- BU is still undefeated -- first game this Friday!!

http://bubravesblogger.blogspot.com/201 ... layer.html
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby landmark » November 8th, 2010, 7:26 am

and that surprises you 45? He is all in with jimmy
landmark
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby gobirds85 » November 8th, 2010, 7:56 am

bu fans need to relax. Of course these are the same guys who got their panties in a bunch about their pre-season rank in the Valley. Put down the jimmy juice and relax. This first loss was nothing more than an exhibition game with two of the best players in the Valley on the bench. Yes, it is funny that they lost to yet another non-D1 school and I find it hilarious that they gave up 86 points at home. But other than giving us more anti-bu fodder prior to the beginning of the season it should have no significance as the season progresses.
gobirds85
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball