Any more exhibitions before 11/12/10 games?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Any more exhibitions before 11/12/10 games?

Postby WSUbballer » November 6th, 2010, 10:44 pm

DUBulldog wrote:
WSUbballer wrote:
cpacmel wrote:Quincy 86
Bradley 80
FINAL

Warren 26 points 5 boards

Dunson 18 points 4 boards 4 assists

Lemon 11 points (fouled out)

Egolf 8 points 8 boards (fouled out)

Prosser 7 points 8 boards

Simms Edwards also fouled out, 5 points 3 boards 3 assists

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Braves have lost as many non D-1 games over the past few years as Evansville.. Wow.. :shock: :roll:

Just to be fair, we need to realize that Bradley was playing without their 2 best players. Still, would have expected them to beat Quincy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the same Quincy team that got buried at SIU? I don't care how many starters are missing. BU still had 9 D1 players on scholarship, playing against a team full of D-2ers who aren't very good. This game was AT Bradley. I'm sorry, but their bench should be able to beat these guys. Not to mention, having 2 starters missing, doesn't excuse a team for giving up 86 points at home to a D-2 team.

Yeah, yeah, yada, yada, it's an exhibition game. It's meaningless. But it's definitely not a good indicator for the season ahead... especially for a team picked middle-of-the-pack. This isn't Evansville.. :roll:
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby pawball » November 6th, 2010, 10:58 pm

45otseoj wrote:
Little Eddie wrote:So if ISUred beats Quincy by more points than Bradley does...does that give them bragging rights until they play each other in the Valley regular season? :twisted:

As of right now, Quincy has bragging rights. :lol:
Way to pull an Evansville... :roll:

Ace Dad wrote:MoValley, disagree.

Basketball snobbery, based on "division" or "reputation", cuts both ways.

Nothing wrong with MVC teams doing 1 and 1 with lower profile conferences. We want higher profile conferences to play us. We cannot have it both ways.

I lived in ACC country for 7 years and am now in Big 12 territory. People look down their nose at us. Should we look down our nose at other conferences?

Enjoy the Sanctimonius MVC, where frontrunners love to dismiss those less fortunate.
pawball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby musiccitybulldog » November 7th, 2010, 9:27 am

I think we will see some crow eaters, with all this picking on Evansville.
We will hear some bawling and crying when thier teams lose at Roberts this year.
Is there one MVC team who hasn't won at Roberts in 3 years?
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby chitown fanatic » November 7th, 2010, 9:44 am

This is beyond embarrasssing and one of the few times I'll ever agree with Baller. two starters out or not, Quincy got waxed by an awful SIU team. To lose like this and give up 86 points is beyond explanation except to say things havent changed on the Hilltop. The baghead is out today. the only good thing is it doesnt count
chitown fanatic
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby havoc » November 7th, 2010, 9:50 am

musiccitybulldog wrote:Is there one MVC team who hasn't won at Roberts in 3 years?

Wichita State.
havoc
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby valleychamp » November 7th, 2010, 11:02 am

If I were a Bradley fan, I would be less concerned about the fact that you lost the game, but very concerned at how they gave up 86 points to a DII team at home.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » November 7th, 2010, 11:05 am

pafan wrote:Wisconsin Parkside isn't even a good team in the Great Lakes Valley Conference. They could probably play Kentucky Wesleyan tomorrow and lose by 25.

I'm not sure what your point is. I know Wisc-Parkside is a lousy D2 team, I even said they were a bad team in my post. In the past 2 years, Drake would have struggled in this game....they would have won, but would have looked bad in doing so.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby tribecalledquest » November 7th, 2010, 11:40 am

I wasn't at the Bradley game--thank God.

Yeah, Bradley wins with Maniscalco and Brown but that doesn't mean much. As was stated---giving up 86 points at home to Quincy is a joke. Maniscalco, God Bless Him, is a bad defender so that doesn't matter and Brown isn't good defensively. From a defensive standpoint playing Simms-Edwards and Walt Lemon makes BU better.

Already talk of the players "not buying in", "getting back to basics", "being prepared to play"....sheesh, you weren't ready or excited to go for your first game of the year at you BRAND NEW Arena that people can't stop masttttterbating about?

The talent at Bradley is about mid pack. The coaching is about mid pack. Im not sure why people are surprised by mid pack finishes every single season.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » November 7th, 2010, 11:49 am

musiccitybulldog wrote:I think we will see some crow eaters, with all this picking on Evansville.
We will hear some bawling and crying when thier teams lose at Roberts this year.

I wish we could trade places with Drake over the last couple of years. They clearly have been in the better position with their road win over Evansville.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » November 7th, 2010, 12:11 pm

WSUbballer wrote:
musiccitybulldog wrote:I think we will see some crow eaters, with all this picking on Evansville.

I wish we could trade places with Drake over the last couple of years. They clearly have been in the better position with their road win over Evansville.

I think you miss his point entirely (or choose to ignore it?) It has nothing to do with Drake vs Wichita State or how they've done against UE. He's just saying that some of the people trash talking Evansville now will have some crow to eat later. Evansville will certainly beat some teams they're not "supposed" to beat.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball