Any more exhibitions before 11/12/10 games?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Any more exhibitions before 11/12/10 games?

Postby musiccitybulldog » November 8th, 2010, 8:06 am

DUBulldog wrote:
WSUbballer wrote:
musiccitybulldog wrote:I think we will see some crow eaters, with all this picking on Evansville.
We will hear some bawling and crying when thier teams lose at Roberts this year.
Is there one MVC team who hasn't won at Roberts in 3 years?

I wish we could trade places with Drake over the last couple of years. They clearly have been in the better position with their road win over Evansville.

I think you miss his point entirely (or choose to ignore it?) It has nothing to do with Drake vs Wichita State or how they've done against UE. He's just saying that some of the people trash talking Evansville now will have some crow to eat later. Evansville will certainly beat some teams they're not "supposed" to beat.

DU was right on the money as far as my post is concerned. I was refering to Evansvilles ability to win games and some teams have found it hard to win at Roberts. Evansville usually plays a pretty tough non-conference schedule playing the likes of Butler, North Carolina, Western Kentucky at times. Last year the Aces only lost to Butler 4 points and a couple years ago really laid it on Western Kentucky.
I consider the Koch Areana probably the toughtest place to win on the road in the MVC, and last year the Aces played the Shockers about as tough at Koch as any other MVC team. It seems to me the Aces can compete with anyone in the Valley on any given night.
My point was some on the board will "eat crow" because Evansville will win games.I believe they have a much tougher program than some on the board make them out to have. I don't think any Valley coaches look past them.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby JasonFromBradley » November 8th, 2010, 9:32 pm

Based on the box score, the BU exhibition game did look pathetic (for Bradley, that is). Maybe the Braves should play only high school teams in their exhibition games (or last year's 12-70 New Jersey Nets).
JasonFromBradley
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Snaggletooth » November 8th, 2010, 9:45 pm

I would say that this is not such an auspicious start for MVC teams. Valley of death is starting to smell like the the Valley of Rot.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » November 8th, 2010, 9:52 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:I would say that this is not such an auspicious start for MVC teams. Valley of death is starting to smell like the the Valley of Rot.

We can try to draw whatever conclusions we want based on a single scrimmage or meaningless exhibition, but the season has yet to officially start so we should probably refrain from burying anyone (let alone the entire league) just yet. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby valleychamp » November 8th, 2010, 10:59 pm

fwiw, #20 Tennessee lost to at DII in an exhibition.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » November 9th, 2010, 7:40 am

valleychamp wrote:fwiw, #20 Tennessee lost to a DII in an exhibition.

I'm suprised Pearl has been able to keep his job to this point with all of the recruiting improprieties. Maybe the distractions are taking their toll. Or maybe it was just an exhibition game. Who knows?

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Indianapolis coach Stan Gouard took a note out of Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl's own playbook to lead his Division II Greyhounds to an upset exhibition win over the Volunteers (No. 20 ESPN/USA Today, No. 23 AP).

Gouard, who was part of Pearl's 1995 Division II national championship team at Southern Indiana, had his players use Pearl's trademark style of full-court pressure to force 25 turnovers en route to a 79-64 win over Tennessee on Monday night.

MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Aces1982 » November 9th, 2010, 11:48 am

Yes, Tennessee lost and IU had to go to OT to beat DII Ferris St.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby valleychamp » November 9th, 2010, 12:02 pm

Pearl is going to go down, very soon. He has been running a very dirty program.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WuDrWu » November 9th, 2010, 1:16 pm

valleychamp wrote:Pearl is going to go down, very soon. He has been running a very dirty program.

If only I could believe that.....The Tennessee's of the world aren't held to the same standard that yours and my school are I am afraid. We have to do it better, cleaner and more efficiently just stay within shouting distance. Fortunately, teams like UNI shine brightly and are a beacon for all of us on the path to athletic excellence!

M-V-C! M-V-C! M-V-C!
THE VALLEY RULES! GO VALLEY!
WuDrWu
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MSUDuo » November 9th, 2010, 3:02 pm

WuDrWu wrote:
valleychamp wrote:Pearl is going to go down, very soon. He has been running a very dirty program.

If only I could believe that.....The Tennessee's of the world aren't held to the same standard that yours and my school are I am afraid. We have to do it better, cleaner and more efficiently just stay within shouting distance. Fortunately, teams like UNI shine brightly and are a beacon for all of us on the path to athletic excellence!

M-V-C! M-V-C! M-V-C!

Ummm, didn't Floyd lose his job at USC because of sanctions? Don't see why Pearl couldn't either...
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball