NDSU/SDSU to MVC asap.

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: NDSU/SDSU to MVC asap.

Postby BCPanther » May 3rd, 2017, 9:49 am

UNIFanSince1983 wrote:
Mikovio wrote:USD and UND don't have the stadium capacity to make the jump anyway.

If I am not mistaken I think UNI was also offering COA. Of course someone like UNIFTW would be better equipped to know for sure than I am.

You are correct. UNI is offering FCOA in Football, MBB, Wrestling (1/4 FCOA) and all women's sports.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby uniftw » May 3rd, 2017, 10:11 am

UNIFanSince1983 wrote:
Mikovio wrote:USD and UND don't have the stadium capacity to make the jump anyway.

If I am not mistaken I think UNI was also offering COA. Of course someone like UNIFTW would be better equipped to know for sure than I am.

BC beat me to it, should have gone to the next page first.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Mikovio » May 3rd, 2017, 11:45 am

I'd be interested to know which MVCF teams do that. According this this article, Missouri State does not for football, but does in other sports.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/colleg ... 62792.html

Of course even if they offer it now, offering it for an expanded FBS roster is another $100k+ (again because of Title IX considerations).
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Lakesbison » May 3rd, 2017, 9:05 pm

NDSU , (sdsu, usd, und UNI don't offer for all sports) Illinois st, Youngstown, Misery state don't at all

NDSU started the Arms Race.
Lakesbison
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby uniftw » May 3rd, 2017, 9:49 pm

Lakesbison wrote:NDSU , (sdsu, usd, und UNI don't offer for all sports) Illinois st, Youngstown, Misery state don't at all

UNI was offering FCOA before NDSU did in any sport.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » May 4th, 2017, 6:53 am

Lakesbison wrote:NDSU , (sdsu, usd, und UNI don't offer for all sports) Illinois st, Youngstown, Misery state don't at all

The only sports UNI doesn't offer it to are Men's Golf and Men's TF and CC. The vast majority are getting it at UNI.

Illinois State, Indiana State and Missouri State are giving it in MBB, VB, WBB because you have to in the Valley.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Lakesbison » May 4th, 2017, 9:23 pm

ok sounds good.

https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/t ... -full-show

fast forward to 1:21 min mark NDSU AD Matt Larson talks about MVC.

says "im told NDSU should be mountain west, mac, big 12.... but Im not gonna force an invite from MVC"

"if MVC would just add NDSU as 1, he could see it happen, but Valpo sounds like their are in, so when they go to multiple offers, they are looking long term for private schools as well"

"earlier in show I am quoted about going mountain west." apparently NDSU play by play guy thinks NDSU shouldnt even go after MVC invite
Lakesbison
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Herd » May 11th, 2017, 3:47 am

uniftw wrote:

UNI was offering FCOA before NDSU did in any sport.

Ndsu offers FCOA across their entire athletic dept ala P5 schools, which does not happen anywhere in the MVC, including UNI. As you stated, uni picks and chooses on the men's side. Just the facts.
Herd
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby jacksfan29 » May 11th, 2017, 10:10 am

Lakesbison wrote:ok sounds good.

https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/t ... -full-show

fast forward to 1:21 min mark NDSU AD Matt Larson talks about MVC.

says "im told NDSU should be mountain west, mac, big 12.... but Im not gonna force an invite from MVC"

"if MVC would just add NDSU as 1, he could see it happen, but Valpo sounds like their are in, so when they go to multiple offers, they are looking long term for private schools as well"

"earlier in show I am quoted about going mountain west." apparently NDSU play by play guy thinks NDSU shouldnt even go after MVC invite

I know your post is old, but it is funny. You do realize that if anyone goes to the link and listens they are going to hear the NDSU AD make fun of guys like you? Guys who think NDSU can simply impose their will because they have such a mighty program in FB?

You also get to hear AD Larson discuss the reality that the MVC is not going to even look at NDSU due to geography alone? He also states, that due to the geography issue alone there is no way NDSU would/could get an individual invite because the MVC sees itself as a bus league. He also mentions, that on the outside chance they were interested NDSU, the school would NOT get an invite minus at least one school bridging the geographical divide.

May I suggest that you actually listen to what Larson had to say and not what you wanted him to say? And what Culhane had to say, he thought Murray's public pleading to get into the Valley was demeaning to their institution and harming to their relationship with the OVC. For once I agree with him.
jacksfan29
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby Lakesbison » May 15th, 2017, 9:28 am

NDSU softball going to 8th NCAA in 9 years
NDSU Track Womens have won conference 10 years in a row (20 including indoor)
NDSU Track Mens have won conference 8 years in a row

Yea, why would the MVC want that.

Total List on conference titles here: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthr ... nce-titles)
Lakesbison
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball