Arch madness live chats

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Arch madness live chats

Postby MVCfans » February 27th, 2013, 1:52 pm

Now that Cover it live has gone to a pay system that can be rather costly, I'm going to try out a couple of different chat services for use during Arch Madness. I asked for suggestions and AIM seemed to be the most popular, but the drawback appears to be that you need to have an AIM username to participate (which only takes about 10 secs). I am trying it out presently - MVC Chris is my handle (or email: chris@mvcfans.com) is my handle. If anyone is online and wants to assist during this mini-test, let me know.

Otherwise, if you are familiar with another chat service that might work better, I am open to suggestion.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Arch madness live chats

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Arch madness live chats

Postby MVCfans » February 27th, 2013, 2:26 pm

I'm also looking at adding a more prominent timeline on www.mvcfans.com so any tweet using #mvcfans will show up there. I'll activate it and please let me know what you think.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MVCfans » February 27th, 2013, 7:09 pm

Again, just trying some things out that we might use at Arch Madness. Here is a chat room that is open for live discussion:

http://us10.chatzy.com/22251099045271
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MVCfans » February 27th, 2013, 7:15 pm

MVCfans wrote:Again, just trying some things out that we might use at Arch Madness. Here is a chat room that is open for live discussion:

http://us10.chatzy.com/22251099045271

After you enter, click "join chat"
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MVCfans » March 1st, 2013, 5:19 pm

Still trying out some things. I added a shoutbox to the MVC Report to see if it might be something to use during ArchMadness. It's very plain and doesn't offer much, but take a look and let me know.

link: http://www.mvcfans.com

edit - disregard, that has potential, but isn't quite right for a sporting event. Still looking for the ideal chat function if anyone has a suggestion.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby UE-grad » March 3rd, 2013, 7:30 am

you are running the site on WordPress right? I will do some searching and testing as I host WP sites on my server.
UE-grad
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MVCfans » March 3rd, 2013, 8:26 am

UE-grad wrote:you are running the site on WordPress right? I will do some searching and testing as I host WP sites on my server.

Yes, there is a wordpress live blog widget which I tried last week. I allows me to post live updates, but it isn't interactive. I'm looking for something where fans can chat during games. Cover It live is the best thing going, but the costs are simply prohibitive now. I searched around and have tried a few things on a test basis and nothing really seems to provide what we would need.

AIM may be the best choice, but people would need to have an AIM username so I am afraid that might limit the number of people who participate.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby uniftw » March 3rd, 2013, 6:51 pm

MVCfans wrote:
UE-grad wrote:you are running the site on WordPress right? I will do some searching and testing as I host WP sites on my server.

Yes, there is a wordpress live blog widget which I tried last week. I allows me to post live updates, but it isn't interactive. I'm looking for something where fans can chat during games. Cover It live is the best thing going, but the costs are simply prohibitive now. I searched around and have tried a few things on a test basis and nothing really seems to provide what we would need.

AIM may be the best choice, but people would need to have an AIM username so I am afraid that might limit the number of people who participate.

PantherNation uses a chat function....I believe they are a wordpress site..
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball