UNI Exhibitions

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: UNI Exhibitions

Postby Aargh » November 8th, 2010, 9:56 pm

I was surprised to see UNI credited with "very experienced" guards and backups ready to go in the front court. I did a bit of research and couldn't agree with that analysis. I thought there should be some discussion instead of just leaving what looked inaccurate to potentially mislead some Valley fans who might not have the time to do the research.

I think UNI will have a good team this year, but I think depth will be a factor that prevents UNI from having a great team. I'm thinking 4th place because CU, wth Echinique, gets my nod for 3rd, even though CU has about a total lack of depth in the front court. CU's starters up front look like one of the top 2 front courts in the Valley this year. UNI's front court starters do not.

To put even more perspective on my posts, I've got UNI beating WSU in McLeod, and I don't have WSU losing many road games, so I have a significant amout of r4espect for UNI's team this year.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby WSUbballer » November 8th, 2010, 11:38 pm

I'm kinda with Aargh and jayball on this one. From the looks of the UNI roster, there aren't many newcomers that are game-ready, simply based on the numbers. Depth seems to be a concern on paper.

However, with UNI continually moving past that, thanks to some good coaching, it's hard to slight the Panthers until they break. For two years, people have been doubting them (me included). It's really hard to knock on them until they actually do fall.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Little Eddie » November 9th, 2010, 7:55 am

WSUbballer wrote:I'm kinda with Aargh and jayball on this one. From the looks of the UNI roster, there aren't many newcomers that are game-ready, simply based on the numbers. Depth seems to be a concern on paper.

However, with UNI continually moving past that, thanks to some good coaching, it's hard to slight the Panthers until they break. For two years, people have been doubting them (me included). It's really hard to knock on them until they actually do fall.

Nope, you're wrong baller...I've been told that the UNI bench is ready to go so the bench is ready to go. You can't stop the bench, you can only hope to contain them. This just in, the benches for the other 9 Valley teams claim to be ready to go as well...maybe wudrwu's new found enthusiasm for all things Valley is not unfounded. EVERYONE IS READY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby jayball » November 9th, 2010, 8:12 am

I'M READY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where are we going?
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball