Request to all Valley Fans - Let CBS hear your voice

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby Majik45 » March 11th, 2013, 7:59 am

I'm sure a lot of fans of this board were at the championship game, and others were not affected in other markets by CBS when they switched the game off at the under 4 timeout to the start of the Indiana Michigan game. Even if you were not affected, we should all let CBS know our displeasure with them switching off our game. I totally understand switching off a 10 point game with under 2 minutes left, but they switched off the game at the under 4 minute timeout. Then as we start to see the score updates at the bottom it is a 5 point game with 2:30 left. Then it gets to be a 1 point game with 30 seconds left. Does CBS switch back to show us the end of the game? Of course not. We had to see a wonderful first 4-5 minutes of the Michigan Indiana game that was like 10-7.

Games at this time of year run long, and why you would ever cut away from a close game is beyond me. We need to let them hear our voice. Call this national number to complain: 212-975-5100 or leave them feedback over at http://www.cbs.com/feedback.

Still haven't see the highlight of the last shot of the game.
Majik45
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Request to all Valley Fans - Let CBS hear your voice

Postby Haha » March 11th, 2013, 8:44 am

eh...whatever
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » March 11th, 2013, 9:18 am

I was actually kind of upset that I missed the start of the Michigan/IU game. It ended up being a spectacular game and there was even a postgame confrontation between Tom Crean and Jeff Meyer.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby agrinut » March 11th, 2013, 9:32 am

Majik45 wrote:I'm sure a lot of fans of this board were at the championship game, and others were not affected in other markets by CBS when they switched the game off at the under 4 timeout to the start of the Indiana Michigan game. Even if you were not affected, we should all let CBS know our displeasure with them switching off our game. I totally understand switching off a 10 point game with under 2 minutes left, but they switched off the game at the under 4 minute timeout. Then as we start to see the score updates at the bottom it is a 5 point game with 2:30 left. Then it gets to be a 1 point game with 30 seconds left. Does CBS switch back to show us the end of the game? Of course not. We had to see a wonderful first 4-5 minutes of the Michigan Indiana game that was like 10-7.

Games at this time of year run long, and why you would ever cut away from a close game is beyond me. We need to let them hear our voice. Call this national number to complain: 212-975-5100 or leave them feedback over at http://www.cbs.com/feedback.

Still haven't see the highlight of the last shot of the game.

They way I understand it they only switched in markets that have no MVC affiliate is that correct?
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ptownbraves » March 11th, 2013, 9:51 am

This really makes the Valley look small time. I'm sure CBS would switch over to a regular season Creighton vs. WSU game if Indiana and Michigan were playing a close one with 3 minutes left in their conference championship game :roll:

The worst part about this is the Valley makes a point to schedule their championship game a week earlier than most, specifically so they can get the national broadcast on CBS...and they cut away in the final minutes.
ptownbraves
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MVCfans » March 11th, 2013, 9:56 am

agrinut wrote:They way I understand it they only switched in markets that have no MVC affiliate is that correct?

According to Kirk Wessler:
Viewers in Illinois and Indiana — home to half of the Valley’s 10 members — were reduced to watching score updates on an info crawl at the bottom of the screen. No live cut-back-ins to St. Louis. Several minutes after the MVC game concluded, as the Indiana-Michigan game returned to the screen from a commercial break, network studio host Greg Gumbel told viewers they were about to see what happened in the Valley. What followed was Wichita State’s Malcolm Armstead dribbling to find an opening until he finally had to force a heavily guarded 3-pointer that bounced off the rim at the buzzer.

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/x152233667 ... a-Michigan
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Majik45 » March 11th, 2013, 10:07 am

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:I was actually kind of upset that I missed the start of the Michigan/IU game. It ended up being a spectacular game and there was even a postgame confrontation between Tom Crean and Jeff Meyer.

Nope, I'm in Peoria, home of Bradley. Was watching the game on a slight tape delay since I was driving home at the start. Get to the 4 minute mark and they switched it off. I could not believe it. Especially when you see the scroll of the score across the bottom just keep pushing to a closer and closer game. Not even a cut in to show the end, at least not until after it was over.
Majik45
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Shocktop42 » March 11th, 2013, 10:13 am

shhhh.... don't tell anyone but our dear conference isn't that big a deal nationally. More people in the Indiana and Illinois markets cared about that IU/Michigan game than the CU/WSU game (and its not even close).
Shocktop42
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby unipanther99 » March 11th, 2013, 10:31 am

I think this really drives home how we are viewed nationally.

If the final had instead been UNI vs. Indiana State, some here probably would have said the cut-away wouldn't have happened if it had been a final with our two flagship institutions. Having it happen to Creighton and WSU helps to clarify that we are all in this together (at least until Creighton announces they are leaving).
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MVCfans » March 11th, 2013, 12:05 pm

Todd Golden wrote a good piece on this today:

http://tribstar.com/sports/x2016920560/ ... MVC-by-CBS
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball