It was real, it was fun, but it wasn't real fun...

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby C0|db|00ded » March 11th, 2013, 8:04 pm

Through most of the last 30 years in the Valley, there really hasn't been a program that has approached Wichita State with regards to fanbase, revenue, etc. etc. It seems like only a few years ago BJ played their games in a run down old civic center in front of a few thousand fans night after night. Then by the grace of Joan of Arc, Omaha builds a shiny new municipal center bigger than any building most Nebraskan's had probably ever seen. The great citizens of Nebraska filled the arena and marveled at all the bright lights and readily available libations.

It wasn't long before word spread and people from all over came to see what all the excitement was about (and perhaps get a breath of fresh air - damn those Omaha cow patties in the summer!) Nebraska basketball, rodeos, truck shows, motocross events, and even women's volleyball took advantage of what became the great meetin' place for the bored folks of Nebraska. Club BJ quickly followed suit, inking a rental agreement in record time. When Father Schlegel finished the deal, he popped the cork and there wasn't a sober BJ athletic department member within 100 miles of a dried Omaha cow patty. They had struck gold...

Then came the rent.

With the Quiet Center filling with more and more Nebraskans, Club BJ couldn't figure out why there was nothing left over. The coaching staff would look up into the stands and see all the happy, drunk people, all the while realizing that the vast majority of the money was going right back to the city of Omaha. Then to make matters worse they found out that Wichita State was flying to all their road games while they still had to hump it out on a bus. It wasn't long before special funds had to be raised in order to compete with Wichita State. I mean, they can't be playing in front of 15,000 fans and yet still not be able to afford a measly $80,000 chartered flight right? And would you know that BJ representatives to this day still come to tour Wichita State's facilities (they were here again for a tour last summer) in order to build a case so they can whine to their small group of donors how they need more money to stay competitive with Wichita because of something we built.

Club BJ has done a lot of fine accounting over the last few years to maintain an air of success with regards to their athletic budget. It has been a masterful display of smoke and mirrors. It seems miracle after miracle occurred in order to keep the checks from bouncing. And now we find our cash-strapped bluebird friends from Bugaha shipping off to play in a club that was ordained by the apostolic order. Everybody will have holy water in their water bottles and blessed jockstraps in their lockers. And most important.. Club BJ will get a bigger check to cover the bills. They have struck gold!

Then came the losses.

See ya BJ's.. you've been a solid MVC member most of your years in the MVC under Diana. Since 2009 your average RPI has been a respectable 68 (NIU's has been 69). While it's nowhere close to Wichita State's average of 38, it is nothing to sneeze at. I've always considered you guys kind of an equal to Wichita State (at least with respect to the modern era of the MVC) it will be sad not being able to give it to you like only I know how. But don't worry, you won't miss me because there will be C0|db|00ded's x 10 in the new league. You really will be the Evansville of your new league with respect to financials as well as class. So get used to it and keep your heads up!

T

...:cool:
Last edited by C0|db|00ded on March 11th, 2013, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: It was real, it was fun, but it wasn't real fun...

Postby LMS » March 11th, 2013, 8:13 pm

C0|db|00ded wrote:Since 2009 your average RPI has been a respectable 68 (UNI's has been 69). While it's nowhere close to Wichita State's average of 38, it is nothing to sneeze at. I've always considered you guys kind of an equal to Wichita State (at least with respect to the modern era of the MVC) it will be sad not being able to give it to you like only I know how. But don't worry, you won't miss me because there will be C0|db|00ded's x 10 in the new league. You really will be the Evansville of your new league with respect to financials as well as class. So get used to it and keep your heads up!

Yawn, troll. Since 2009, CU has won 2 regular season MVC titles, 2 MVC tourney titles, and 1 NCAA game. WSU has 1, 0, and 0. Move along.
LMS
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 3ontheway » March 11th, 2013, 8:37 pm

F(ail)

... :D

0 for 26

jays win, shox lose to SoW and a bunch of suburban horse pros. i know it stings, but this sour grapes rant is blind flailing cold. good luck to the shox in the dance.
3ontheway
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby C0|db|00ded » March 11th, 2013, 8:46 pm

I'm just trying to get back into the swing of things. I have banned myself from Shocker hoops after the completion of the sweep by Evansville. That loss hurt me like no other. We had at least a share of the Valley Championship sealed and filed away. I would have given Evansville a one in a million chance of winning on senior night in our building. But miracles happen... FML

T

...:cool:
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WestOmahaBluejay » March 11th, 2013, 10:07 pm

"It wasn't long before word spread and people from all over came to see what all the excitement was about (and perhaps get a breath of fresh air - damn those Omaha cow patties in the summer!) Nebraska basketball, rodeos, truck shows, motocross events, and even women's volleyball took advantage of what became the great meetin' place for the bored folks of Nebraska. Club BJ quickly followed suit, inking a rental agreement in record time. When Father Schlegel finished the deal, he popped the cork and there wasn't a sober BJ athletic department member within 100 miles of a dried Omaha cow patty. They had struck gold..."

Funny Cold... Wichita is a REAL happening place too, I've been there and its just another Midwestern City that smells like cow poo as well! You made some good points in your post :Bam:, well not really. Go ahead and crack open another beer or whatever it is that you are drinking, or smoking :Cheers:!
WestOmahaBluejay
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby cufan_mvcfan » March 11th, 2013, 10:22 pm

your obsession with a rented facility really makes no sense and you have beat it to the ground so hard. I bet most WSU fans are sick of it.

I can arrange stats any way i want to, also. Since the 2011-2012 season, Creighton has 1 regular season title, 2 tournament titles, one NCAA win. and a 3-2 record against the WSU. In that time frame, i guess we have viewed you as our equal, as well.
cufan_mvcfan
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby jaybydna » March 12th, 2013, 7:18 am

Oh please make him work harder than that before you take his bait. That's his 2007 material. That's like laughing at Chris Rock for telling a knock knock joke about an interrupting cow.

Cold, you can do better.
jaybydna
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby PorkTornado » March 12th, 2013, 7:51 am

The WSU flag team misspelled Shockers (Shockres) on Saturday.
PorkTornado
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby matter_of_fact » March 12th, 2013, 7:55 am

So worried . . .
So jealous . . .
So obsessed . . .

M
matter_of_fact
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby JaysFinal4 » March 12th, 2013, 4:03 pm

The stench of jealousy and bitterness is in the air!
JaysFinal4
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball