NIT - Indiana State travels to Iowa

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby isumvc1 » March 17th, 2013, 7:31 pm

Sycamores make the field of 32, playing at Iowa Wednesday night on ESPN2.

Kind of upset UNI did not make the field. I imagine UNI fans are livid. I would be. I think they deserved it moreso than we did, especially the way our season ended.

Now which team shows up in Iowa City Tuesday is anyone's guess? The ISU that beat Creighton and WSU or the ISU that lost twice to Drake, et al...
Last edited by isumvc1 on March 17th, 2013, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: NIT - Indiana State travels to Iowa

Postby Haha » March 17th, 2013, 7:32 pm

isumvc1 wrote:Sycamores make the field of 32, playing at Iowa Tuesday night on ESPN2.

Kind of upset UNI did not make the field. I imagine UNI fans are livid. I would be. I think they deserved it moreso than we did, especially the way our season ended.

Now which team shows up in Iowa City Tuesday is anyone's guess? The ISU that beat Creighton and WSU or the ISU that lost twice to Drake, et al...

ISUb looked dog tired to me at end of season. Hopefully after a short break they will be ready to go. good luck!

Some poked fun at WSU winning the thing 2 years ago but it's a lot harder than people give credit for. Basically you gotta win 5 games in a row over 50-100 RPI teams. Point though, I got off track, it was great because even though it was the NIT it was 5 straight games on ESPN. Certainly can be a huge positive for Indy St.
Last edited by Haha on March 17th, 2013, 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Postby isumvc1 » March 17th, 2013, 7:34 pm

Haha wrote:
isumvc1 wrote:Sycamores make the field of 32, playing at Iowa Tuesday night on ESPN2.

ISUb looked dog tired to me at end of season. Hopefully after a short break they will be ready to go. good luck!

our game is Weds., I made the correction.

The article in the TH paper stated the team did not practice for 5 days after they lost to Creighton.
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Haha » March 17th, 2013, 7:36 pm

isumvc1 wrote:
The article in the TH paper stated the team did not practice for 5 days after they lost to Creighton.

I honestly think that was ISUb's problem down the stretch, just ran out of gas.
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Postby isumvc1 » March 17th, 2013, 7:41 pm

Haha wrote:
isumvc1 wrote:

I honestly think that was ISUb's problem down the stretch, just ran out of gas.

you're probably right, next year they are going to need to be better conditioned for the long haul. After the Creighton win ISU just ran out of gas.
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocker3 » March 17th, 2013, 7:44 pm

I was fully expected a Valley team to be playing Iowa in the NIT this year. I just assumed it would be UNI. I also thought that both Indy St and UNI would make the NIT. Too bad for the Panthers. I think they really deserved a NIT bid.

So far I know of 5 Valley teams in post season play: Jays and Shocks in the big dance, Indy St in the NIT, Bradley in the CBI (or CIT, I don't remember which one) and UNI in the CIT. Hopefully Evansville and Illinois St will also get invited to the CBI or CIT.
http://www.tomsawyer2wayradios.com
shocker3
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby ACECARD » March 17th, 2013, 7:51 pm

shocker3 wrote:I was fully expected a Valley team to be playing Iowa in the NIT this year. I just assumed it would be UNI. I also thought that both Indy St and UNI would make the NIT. Too bad for the Panthers. I think they really deserved a NIT bid.

So far I know of just 4 Valley teams in post season play: Jays and Shocks in the big dance, Indy St in the NIT and Bradley in the CIT (or CBI, I don't remember which one). Hopefully UNI, Evansville and Illinois St will also get invited to the CBI or CIT.

I think we can assume that the Aces will be in one of those tournaments since they are selling tickets for a Tuesday night game at the Ford center.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby pafan » March 17th, 2013, 7:56 pm

Evansville will be in the CBI.

EDIT: Correction: CIT, where their opponent will be Tennessee State.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby FearDaTrees » March 19th, 2013, 4:20 am

I am very happy that Dan Dakich will be calling this game. Earlier this year, he said J.O. was the best PG in the country so I am pretty excited he gets his chance to watch him in person. Should be a fun game but I think Iowa wins...possibly big :(
FearDaTrees
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby SycamorePsycho » March 19th, 2013, 8:26 am

Another big game with national exposure. Hopefully the Sycamores wil show up and grab at least one win in the NIT. I expect BIG things from this Sycamore team next year....otherwise some changes need to be made.
SycamorePsycho
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball