Expectations

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Expectations

Postby WuDrWu » November 9th, 2010, 1:02 pm

Aces1982 wrote:Of course, things could change at any point. This is why they play the games. If they somehow finished in top 6, that would be a success IMO.

Don't bet on it bro'. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just joking with you my friend. Top 6 is absolutely possible for Marty's team!

GOOOO ACES!
THE VALLEY RULES! GO VALLEY!
WuDrWu
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby sixth ace » November 9th, 2010, 1:49 pm

I differ with Aces 1982. Roberts Stadium will be a tough place to play for the MVC visitors. I see in Conference play 7-8 game home wins for the Aces and stealing a couple of games on the road. I believe we'll go winning 5-4 OOC. Finishing in the 5or6 place in Conference with a 15-14 record for the year. See you in St Louis on Friday
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » November 9th, 2010, 2:13 pm

So with Evansville breezing past Thursday sixth ace, which four teams are stuck in the bottom four?
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sixth ace » November 9th, 2010, 2:40 pm

SIU
Drake
IL ST
Bradley
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » November 9th, 2010, 2:43 pm

2 All-Valley players on a play-in team.

That would be a first.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces1982 » November 9th, 2010, 3:04 pm

sixth ace wrote:I differ with Aces 1982. Roberts Stadium will be a tough place to play for the MVC visitors. I see in Conference play 7-8 game home wins for the Aces and stealing a couple of games on the road. I believe we'll go winning 5-4 OOC. Finishing in the 5or6 place in Conference with a 15-14 record for the year. See you in St Louis on Friday

WOW!!! Going 7-2 or 8-1 in conference play at home. That would be quite a feat.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Tom Servo » November 9th, 2010, 3:22 pm

WuDrWu wrote:
Aces1982 wrote:Hate to bring you back down, but comparing SIU to UE.....can't be a good thing.

That's a little harsh don't you think? Come on, at minimum it's a compliment to be compared to one of the finest academic institutions in the greater Indiana area, don't you think? I sure would feel proud to be compared to such a school.

Plus the Aces have the best pure scorer in the league (at least returning scorer) in Colt "The Assassin" Ryan (that's my new nickname for him, if Aces fans don't mind that is!).

Knowing "The Assassin" will be patrolling the Valley for 3 more years is bit of a conundrum for me. On one hand, I just know he's going to kill my team probably more often than not but on the other hand, what a pure joy it is to watch this kid compete.

LOL "The Assassin."
Go Aces!
Tom Servo
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby dgreenwell3 » November 9th, 2010, 3:33 pm

I will go ahead and put up some expectations on the Trees...
1. I think it will be a greatly different team style than the last few years with us now running the Motion Offense again...I do see us starting slow though, we don't have an easy Non-con by any stretch of the imagination but the slow start should have a fast ending...
2. When people say that we lost three starters I kind of chuckle...I think distractions wise we lost two cancers to our team and a big man who was slow, unathletic and uncoordinated...
In final...I see us finishing 4-5 in the MVC...Koang Duolony has finally taken the next step to be a solid defensive presence and offensive presence...our bench is definitely our strength..And I think Jake Kelly will finally live up to at least some of his potential...ALSO...I think Myles walker will be a HUGE addition to this team...for years we have lacked that big man that could defend the valley's big men but Walker is that bully type big man we have needed!....
dgreenwell3
MVC Victory Cigar
MVC Victory Cigar

Postby Drakey » November 9th, 2010, 3:49 pm

chitown fanatic wrote:The beyond woeful include Drake, Evansville, Trees, SIU, and ISU Red and yes BU will lose to at least one of these schools. Beyond woeful to me is no more than 6 conf wins. Drake has a great recruiting class but they arent going to contend for anything except which Thursday night seed they get. I'm sorry, just calling it like I see it. Trees with a new coach also fall in this bunch as does a severely depleted SIU program. Evansville is well..evansville and should just go to D2 as fast as MArty can take them there. Colt's not gonna be the savior. If those four arent playing Thursday, I'll be very surprised.

What a nonsensical and meaningless definition. If every team in the Valley were to go undefeated out of conference, the bottom four would be "woeful" because they only won 6 conference games? Are the bottom dwellers in the Big East "woeful because they only win 2 or three conference games, although they might finish in the top two or three in most conferences? Even if every team in the conference had 2 or three NBA draft choices, somebody would have to come in last.

I think a teams "woefulness" would have to be determined on a national scale, maybe something like a 250+ rpi?
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 45otseoj » November 9th, 2010, 4:50 pm

20 wins
Find a way to avoid Thursday
Play in some type of post-season tournament
Slow start; strong finish.
Think WSU 2 years ago without "The Screw in the Lou"
IlStU
45otseoj