UNI at Syracuse game thread

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby Ali » November 8th, 2010, 1:07 pm

I've been waiting for this game for a month now and am really excited to see how the team looks on Friday. Syracuse is no doubt the favorite but even some of our younger players who got minutes in March last year shouldn't be intimidated and I think it will be a close game.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: UNI at Syracuse game thread

Postby unifight789 » November 8th, 2010, 3:16 pm

Our offense will need to be much improved since last week to have a shot. We Have to shoot very well with their zone. Our defense will keep us in the game and if our offense comes to life we have a shot
unifight789
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby WuDrWu » November 8th, 2010, 4:34 pm

Given the returning quality of the Panthers and the propensity for Syracuse to not play to their full potential early in the season, the only conclusion to draw is a UNI victory.

The Orange will not enjoy the frustratingly aggressive Panther defense and will be forced into taking one guarded three after another. Their offensive motion is usually not that strong right out of the gate. UNI's big men will control the paint and the quickness and athletic ability of the guards, along with all their depth, will run the Orange ragged.

I expect a final in the 61-52 range and the start of a big 3 and O Valley week!!!!!!!!!!!

M-V-C! M-V-C! M-V-C! M-V-C!
THE VALLEY RULES! GO VALLEY!
WuDrWu
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WuDrWu » November 8th, 2010, 4:37 pm

Ali wrote:I've been waiting for this game for a month now and am really excited to see how the team looks on Friday. Syracuse is no doubt the favorite but even some of our younger players who got minutes in March last year shouldn't be intimidated and I think it will be a close game.

You and me both brother! This is the signature game in the Valley's non conference schedule (no offense to Evansville and Bradley but I think UNI has the best chance to win but that doesn't mean everyone can't come away with big Victory against the BCS power players!) and I am certain that Jake Koch is going to make sure the Orange faithful know EXACTLY who the best player is on the court that night!

GO VALLEY!
THE VALLEY RULES! GO VALLEY!
WuDrWu
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Shockerfan13 » November 8th, 2010, 9:50 pm

I actually think UNI has a decent shot in this one. Granted I didn't pick them in the pick-em...but I'm going with majority on that one. I do think the odds favor Syracuse obviously, but won't be extremely shocked if UNI can pull it off.
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » November 8th, 2010, 10:07 pm

TV for this one?
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby strike00 » November 8th, 2010, 10:21 pm

No TV. ESPN 3 though if you can get it.

I'm not too optimistic as I think that it will take UNI about a month to get in the swing of things with all the new roles everyone will have, I hope I'm wrong.
strike00
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby WSUbballer » November 8th, 2010, 11:35 pm

Every time I wanna doubt UNI they prove me wrong. So therefore, I doubt UNI can win this one..

Go Panthers.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Little Eddie » November 9th, 2010, 7:46 am

Maybe Channelsurfing will pick it up...but I'll be at the CU vs Bama St game so I won't be able to watch anyhow. Try not to forget about channelsurfing.net people...they pick up LOTS of games including Indy St football and at least one or two exhibitions already this season for Valley teams.
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby ihsi » November 9th, 2010, 9:16 am

Wear your Lemoyne jersies and you can escape with a win. BTW, I hate Jim Boeheim.
ihsi
MVC starter
MVC starter

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball