UNI at Syracuse game thread

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: UNI at Syracuse game thread

Postby WSUbballer » November 9th, 2010, 2:44 pm

Little Eddie wrote:
45otseoj wrote:
Little Eddie wrote:Maybe Channelsurfing will pick it up...but I'll be at the CU vs Bama St game so I won't be able to watch anyhow. Try not to forget about channelsurfing.net people...they pick up LOTS of games including Indy St football and at least one or two exhibitions already this season for Valley teams.

Advocating an illegal streaming web site FTW! 8-) :lol: :twisted:

I'm not saying...I'm just saying. If it was illegal then why has it been able to stay around for so long?

Very good point.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby 45otseoj » November 9th, 2010, 3:38 pm

Is it legal?
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » November 9th, 2010, 3:43 pm

45otseoj wrote:Is it legal?

You tell us. You're the one who came on here and said it was illegal.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 45otseoj » November 9th, 2010, 3:47 pm

DUBulldog wrote:

I assumed it was. People are taking copyrighted broadcasts that Universities charge viewers money to watch, and restreaming them for free without the Universities consent. Is that assumption wrong?

P.S. I love channelsurfing.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » November 9th, 2010, 3:52 pm

45otseoj wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:

I assumed it was. People are taking copyrighted broadcasts that Universities charge viewers money to watch, and restreaming them for free without the Universities consent. Is that assumption wrong?

I honestly don't know. I've never actually watched a game on channelsurfing.net, but it sounds like a cool idea. Does channelsurfing pay a fee for the broadcasts it picks up?
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MVCfans » November 9th, 2010, 6:25 pm

ihsi wrote:Wear your Lemoyne jersies and you can escape with a win. BTW, I hate Jim Boeheim.

Apparently the rematch is tonight.

Remember when Syracuse lost to LeMoyne? Of course you do. Not only have we been mentioning it almost daily during this season's rash of surprising exhibition upsets, but it was a pretty big deal last season, too.

Naturally, the result didn't matter on the court: Syracuse went on to win 30 games and notch a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament. But off the court, the story of the tiny LeMoyne Dolphins finally getting one over on their big, bad city rival resonated with college basketball fans everywhere. College basketball is all about upsets, and this was a really, really big upset. Who cares if it didn't "matter?" It mattered to LeMoyne.

In a way, it also mattered to Syracuse, because the Orange had to answer way too many questions about an inconsequential game, and you can imagine how annoying that would get. For example, here's Syracuse forward Rick Jackson, as told to the Syracuse Post-Standard:

“Of course you’re embarrassed to lose to a D-II school,” said SU forward Rick Jackson. “You turn on SportsCenter, everywhere you see -- ‘Syracuse loses to Le Moyne.’ It hurt.”

“It was really blown out of proportion, made a big deal of,” Joseph said.

Which leads us to tonight, when, like so many great rematches before it, Syracuse-LeMoyne II will shake the sports world to its very core. The rumble in the, um, Carrier Dome! (We might need a catchier nickname, guys.) I have a feeling Jim Boeheim's team will play a little bit harder than the average exhibition would require. Revenge is a dish best served in 30-point blowouts, and Syracuse is looking for a little revenge.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketba ... he-rematch
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby bigdawg » November 9th, 2010, 8:30 pm

DUBulldog wrote:
45otseoj wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:I assumed it was. People are taking copyrighted broadcasts that Universities charge viewers money to watch, and restreaming them for free without the Universities consent. Is that assumption wrong?

I honestly don't know. I've never actually watched a game on channelsurfing.net, but it sounds like a cool idea. Does channelsurfing pay a fee for the broadcasts it picks up?

I've watched a few on channelsurfing or Justin.tv. It's basically the same as watching on TV. I remember reading something once that they rely on individuals to broadcast events which is why it's so hit and miss. I Don't think it is legal but not sure the networks can track them down.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bigdawg » November 9th, 2010, 8:37 pm

Just checked and Emporia St vs Kansas is on right now. Not sure KU can handle them.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Khan4Cats » November 9th, 2010, 9:26 pm

MVCfans wrote:Apparently the rematch is tonight.

Didn't want a repeat:

Syracuse 91 LeMoyne 48
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » November 10th, 2010, 10:19 pm

http://wcfcourier.com/sports/blogs/beat ... 03286.html

Jim Boeheim: “Well, everybody in college basketball knew about the program well before the Kansas game last year. They’ve been good for a while. … And they’re extremely well-regarded at this level. And normally I’m smarter than to play a game like that.”
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball