Bears Vrs ORU

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Bears Vrs ORU

Postby MSUDuo » November 13th, 2010, 12:30 am

Not a whole lot to say as the Bears weren't ever really challenged in this one. Let it get sloppy towards the end and really ended up being closer than it could have been.

Lot of minutes for the starters with 4 of them over 30 minutes. Basically went 7 deep for the game with only Patterson(13) and Scheer(20) getting more than 5 minutes off the bench.

Weems led us in scoring with 16 but all the starters had at least 10 points. Only 13 bench points.

Time to get ready for Knoxville and Arkansas State on Tuesday and hopefully a date with #20Tennessee on Wednesday.

Going to learn a lot about this team as we have 4 games in 7 days and possibly 6 games in 11 days. We will have 6 games in 14 days regardless.

Good start to what looks to be a promising season

Go Bears!
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 13th, 2010, 9:13 am

Impressive opening performance. Bears could really be a handful this year.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » November 13th, 2010, 10:06 am

Good win SWMO. Way to represent the Valley.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Little Eddie » November 13th, 2010, 2:32 pm

Glad I was wrong about the jitters...nice win. I think the Syc's play Oral Roberts in non-con too...maybe Counzo will send the video tape over from last night's game to help out InSt
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Unsmooth Moment » November 13th, 2010, 2:59 pm

Little Eddie wrote:Glad I was wrong about the jitters...nice win. I think the Syc's play Oral Roberts in non-con too...maybe Counzo will send the video tape over from last night's game to help out InSt

Haha doubt Cuonzo hands you guys anything with the Bears on the same court :duel:
Unsmooth Moment
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Little Eddie » November 13th, 2010, 3:52 pm

Unsmooth Moment wrote:
Little Eddie wrote:Glad I was wrong about the jitters...nice win. I think the Syc's play Oral Roberts in non-con too...maybe Counzo will send the video tape over from last night's game to help out InSt

Haha doubt Cuonzo hands you guys anything with the Bears on the same court :duel:

I'd actually be shocked if he didn't send video over to Lansing...these guys send each other videos all the time. It's in MSU's best interest for Indy St to beat ORU as well...
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby PeKaph » November 14th, 2010, 5:28 pm

I was very impressed with the Bears in this one. They seemed to be playing with a lot of...anger, for lack of a better term. They were getting tough on defense, finishing their plays, and playing with a lot of emotion. Now the real fun starts with the NIT on Tuesday.
PeKaph
MVC starter
MVC starter

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball