Koch Arena season tickets - sold out

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby iSASO » November 11th, 2010, 10:57 pm

Koch Arena full again — Season tickets for men’s basketball games are sold out. WSU sold more than 8,500 and estimates it surpassed last season’s total by more than 100 tickets.

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2010/11/11/158486 ... z152bD3UHI
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Koch Arena season tickets - sold out

Postby Snaggletooth » November 11th, 2010, 11:14 pm

iSASO wrote:Koch Arena full again — Season tickets for men’s basketball games are sold out. WSU sold more than 8,500 and estimates it surpassed last season’s total by more than 100 tickets.

Can you prove this? I think it is just WSU propaganda. I would like to see a canceled check for every seat sold posted here.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby iSASO » November 11th, 2010, 11:23 pm

Imagine what kind of proof you'd be looking for if an Evansville or UNI fan posted that statement about their ticket sales.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MSUDuo » November 11th, 2010, 11:26 pm

Just curious, what does it take to get a seat in the first few rows or so? Donation plus season ticket cost? Just ticket cost?
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Shockerfan13 » November 11th, 2010, 11:33 pm

It takes a SASO donation + ticket costs to get the majority of the season ticket packages. Only some seats among the top couple of rows don't require a SASO donation I believe. There are also different level of SASO donations required depending upon what range of rows your tickets are on.
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby AndShock » November 11th, 2010, 11:35 pm

Shockerfan13 wrote:It takes a SASO donation + ticket costs to get the majority of the season ticket packages. Only some seats among the top couple of rows don't require a SASO donation I believe. There are also different level of SASO donations required depending upon what range of rows your tickets are on.

My family had been trying to move down the past couple of years but it's huge jump in price just from 1 or 2 rows so it really isn't worth it.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Shockerfan13 » November 11th, 2010, 11:38 pm

AndShock wrote:
Shockerfan13 wrote:It takes a SASO donation + ticket costs to get the majority of the season ticket packages. Only some seats among the top couple of rows don't require a SASO donation I believe. There are also different level of SASO donations required depending upon what range of rows your tickets are on.

My family had been trying to move down the past couple of years but it's huge jump in price just from 1 or 2 rows so it really isn't worth it.

Same here. Plus I have some GREAT leg room on row 22 in Sec 118! :)
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » November 11th, 2010, 11:39 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:
iSASO wrote:Koch Arena full again — Season tickets for men’s basketball games are sold out. WSU sold more than 8,500 and estimates it surpassed last season’s total by more than 100 tickets.

Can you prove this? I think it is just WSU propaganda. I would like to see a canceled check for every seat sold posted here.

That report is a bit misleading. The newspaper didn't report it quite the way it's published at goshockers.com.

Reserved seating tickets are all sold. Any ticket that requires a donation in addition to the cost of the tickets is sold. 8,500 season tickets sold + 1,500 student seats = 10,000. Capacity is about 10,500 so there are 500 tickets available for sale for single games.

We got 10,353 for our exhibition game. If that's any indication, there will be no problem filling the unsold seats.

We have about 32 rows. I'm in row 25 and I pay around $400 in addition to the ticket price. I wanted to move up this year. It was going to cost me an additional $850 to move up to Row 20 - and that still doesn't get a reserved parking spot, some of which are nearly 1/2 mile from the arena. 8,500 season tickets raises a lot of cash. The seat upgrade is beyond my (wife's) budget.

A good friend of mine has the seat immediately behind (about 3') the last chair of the visitor's bench. I shudder to imagine what he pays for that seat. He says he's been offered more than he pays, but he will not give that seat up.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MSUDuo » November 12th, 2010, 12:03 am

What are the students charged or is a first come, first serve each game?
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Aargh » November 12th, 2010, 12:20 am

Students get 2 tickets at no charge. They are general admission. Ticket availability and seating are both first come - first serve.

Any unclaimed tickets in that section go on sale the day before the game (or maybe the day of the game - I'm not certain) for $18. I went that route a couple of years before I got season tickets. GA seats are behind the north basket. Non-students who get there early can get seats around the 15th row or up, which are decent seats. Below that is generally left for students regardless of when non-students might show up.

That row for non-students may move higher this year. 30 minutes before the exhibition last night, that section was about completely filled and it was almost solid yellow, so it wasn't fans of Newman, which is located in Wichita.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball