Creighton vs Bama St 11/12 (2nite)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Creighton vs Bama St 11/12 (2nite)

Postby MoValley John » November 13th, 2010, 11:09 am

Creighton looked good on defense, horrible on offense. Pizza was out of the question early on. I think the game was 5-2 at aroujnd the 15:00 mark, Alabama State. Creighton's offense began to gel in the second half. My only question was with Creighton having Alabama State in the double bonus with about 5:00 left in the first half, why didn't they attack the rim? The same happened in the second half, they got Alabama State in foul trouble but didn't capitalize down low. They didn't even try.

My takes, Creighton will be much tougher on defense this year but their offense is a big work in progress. They seem to be working off screens much better than they did lat year and they seem to recognize what is happening everywhere on the floor, when teammates need help and their switches seems much improved. That said, if the offense doen't begin to click soon, they will be in big trouble, their defense isn't the 2007 Salukis. Doug McDermott is gangly, but God he's a good basketball player. Doug McDermott really is undersized but you can tell he knows the game well, he gets himnself in position to make defensive plays so that his weight isn't an issue, great basketball IQ. If, and I say if with a big "I", he continues to progress to where he is, you are looking at your MVC Freshman of the Year. Crown him.
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ictjay » November 13th, 2010, 11:34 am

WSUbballer wrote:I was expecting a bigger margin of victory against a bad SWAC school..

For a team picked (which I believe is accurate) 3-4th in the Valley, I thought it was a good effort.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MoValley John » November 13th, 2010, 12:05 pm

[quote="ictjay"][quote="WSUbballer"]I was expecting a bigger margin of victory against a bad SWAC school..[/quote]

For a team picked (which I believe is accurate) 3-4th in the Valley, I thought it was a good effort.[/quote]

The effort was there, you can see that the team is giving more effort than they did last year. That said, they are still trying to figure things out on offense, that wasn't all that pretty. Lawson attempted two treys, one looked pretty darned good. They do need to figure this offense out, quickly. I don't think fans in Omaha are going to get real excited about uglyball. I will say I was impressed with the crowd, probably 13,500 actual against a nobody with bad weather. Snow sucks, bad. People drove home like it was the first snowstorm of the season, too..........
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby LJay » November 14th, 2010, 12:32 pm

DUBulldog wrote:
jayball wrote:NAU on Sunday is a better team. We'll see how we do there.

NAU was pretty bad tonight, losing to Iowa State 78-64.....and the game was not nearly as close as the final score. ISU led 61-34 at one point, and Iowa State is picked for last in the Big 12.

NAU should be a fairly easy victory for CU.

I disagree w this analysis. This is a decent team who's star went scoreless until 12 minutes left inthe game and finished w 15. Expecting then to suck two games in a row is not realistic. Bookies say Jays by 9 I say I would be very happy w a 9 point win...expecting a pretty close game as Jays continue to figure out the new system.
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSUbballer » November 14th, 2010, 2:21 pm

Iowa State is ripping Alabama State 54-26 with 13 minutes to go.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » November 14th, 2010, 6:42 pm

Since the other thread was conveniently locked before I could respond, here's my response in a thread DJA will surely visit:

DoubleJayAlum wrote:Did I ever say that you said such things? No, I did not.

If you weren't always looking for your next battle, perhaps you would have noticed. Instead, you just go into attack mode whenever WSU is mentioned.

Then don't use statements made by other people and inflict them on me as if I said them. Simple as that.

Calling the kettle black? Big surprise there. I go into attack mode when WSU is attacked by you first. Try to get that through your head before criticizing me first.

How was the game today?
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball