STL - MVC Tourney 2011 attendees

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: STL - MVC Tourney 2011 attendees

Postby MVCfans » August 26th, 2010, 2:53 pm

Anyone know how much it cost the Missouri State group to rent the lower level bar near in Union Station near the exit as you walk to the arena? I thought that was a great location for fans to hang out before and after games.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby thefish7 » August 30th, 2010, 10:30 pm

Me and crew of 4-5 Braves fans will be back for 4th straight year. It's a great time both for watching a whole buncha basketball and perhaps for drinking a whole buncha beer.
thefish7
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby unipanther99 » August 30th, 2010, 10:33 pm

I will likely be there this year. Some sort of informal meet and greet would be fun.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby 45otseoj » August 31st, 2010, 9:41 am

unipanther99 wrote:Some sort of informal meet and greet would be fun.

Definitely
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jays26 » August 31st, 2010, 9:53 am

Hey..anyone find any great deals on hotels close to the arena during the Tourney??? Is so, please share. :)
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby musiccitybulldog » August 31st, 2010, 1:18 pm

Last year I stayed at the Sheraton right across the street. It was reasonably priced for a 'downtown" hotel.
Super easy access being that close you don't have to worry about parking, buses or cabs. Enclosed parking and indoor pool/spa. I also had a free breakfast buffet with the room as I recall. I go to all the games so for me it was really convenient. There may be a package deal at the hotel where your team is staying.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » October 18th, 2010, 7:59 pm

I've started looking into hotels for this March and would be interested in anyone's experiences and preferences. I know some people like staying at their respective team hotels and others like being near Union Station, but I'm more into inexpensive with a free breakfast within walking distance. If anyone has booked yet, please share the location and rate.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby snoopj » October 18th, 2010, 9:08 pm

As interesting as it might be, I won't know if I could or would go until well closer to tournament time. I also haven't been to Arch Madness since Illinois State won back to backs in the late 90s. Even though my Panthers were out of it by Thursday night, I bought all-session passes and enjoyed the entire tournament. Fun times for a broke college student then.
University of Northern Iowa Class of 2000....however, an overall fan of the Missouri Valley Conference.
snoopj
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby redbirdfan71 » October 22nd, 2010, 8:10 am

I'm going for my 2nd time ever (I'm only 18). This is probably something I look more forward to than anything, have the time of my life at Arch Madness, being a diehard MVC fan. Still not sure if I will cheer for my Braves or the Redbirds!!! :o :o :o
redbirdfan71
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby Duan » October 22nd, 2010, 8:48 am

One of the things that I like to observe at the MVC tourney is which schools bring fans. Some schools consistently follow their respective teams and have huge crowds of fans. Other schools have more "bandwagon crowds" that only show up if their team has a chance of winning it all. Does UNI come to anyone's mind?....Sorry Panther fans but it is so very true. My first year there was hardly any purple and I came home and made fun of UNI to my brother-in-law who played football for the Panthers. Then last year there were tons of people wearing purple....just my observations though.
Duan
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball