STL - MVC Tourney 2011 attendees

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: STL - MVC Tourney 2011 attendees

Postby DUBulldog » October 22nd, 2010, 11:26 am

bigdawg wrote:Has anyone used priceline for St Louis? I want to but I hate the risk of getting stuck in a bad location even within the downtown area.

I've used Priceline each of the past 10-12 years. A couple of times, I've been stuck out by the Edward Jones Dome (or whatever it's called now), but overall I've been very happy with it.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby GOREDBIRDS4 » October 22nd, 2010, 10:33 pm

45otseoj wrote:Myself and a caravan of Redbirds, Salukis, and Braves plan on attending.

I will be going down with 45. Making my second straight year and I don't think I will ever miss it. One of the best times I have ever had.
GOREDBIRDS4
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby saluki762 » October 24th, 2010, 8:20 am

It is only a 20 minute drive for me but I don't know. Call me a fair weather fan but the last 2 years were pretty miserable, not sure I will spend my money for that again. That said, free corporate tickets are plentiful here in STL and I wouldn't mind spending someone else's money. :D
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Postby musiccitybulldog » October 24th, 2010, 9:32 am

We have found better prices at times out in the Chesterfield area, it is also called West County.
There is a Hampton Inn right off of US 40 by the Chesterfield Mall that had good prices, and it is a straight shot down US 40 to the games (about 15 minutes). The last couple years I have stayed at the Sheraton across the street from the Scottrade Center as posted earlier it was less than $100 even though the discounts sites showed it as much more. I called them direct and asked for a good deal. Even with AAA or some discount I think it would be hard to find somewhere less than $70-80 anywhere close to downtown St. Louis. Parking around the coliseum is at least $10.
I just tried priceline and it showed the Millenium at $73 and Mayfair at $89, they are downtown and that is a good deal. I noticed there were some pretty low prices out in the Earth City area which is off I-70 close to the Missouri River at St. Charles MO. If you don't mind the drive that area is ok.
The hotels around Clayton, Brentwood, Frontenac and Chesterfield are close to large malls and would have eating places after the games are over, all are easy access to US-40. The Scottrade Center is off US-40, just north at Clark and 14th Street.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby scottieb » November 4th, 2010, 3:39 pm

I'm planning to get down there sometime Friday morning. I hate buying all session tickets and risking losing on Thursday night before I get there or early on Friday though.
scottieb
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby WSUbballer » November 4th, 2010, 6:07 pm

scottieb wrote:I'm planning to get down there sometime Friday morning. I hate buying all session tickets and risking losing on Thursday night before I get there or early on Friday though.

Where is your allegiance to? Judging by your post, I'm thinking it's between Indiana State, Evansville, or Drake.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pawball » November 4th, 2010, 7:09 pm

What's it to ya?
pawball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WSUbballer » November 4th, 2010, 7:54 pm

pawball wrote:What's it to ya?

It's nice to know where the perspective of posters is coming from. Is that a crime?
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby chitown fanatic » November 5th, 2010, 12:52 pm

I look forward to being back and hope to see all of my shucker friends!
chitown fanatic
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball