Bradley's Taylor Brown out for season

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby hot nuts » November 12th, 2010, 3:01 pm

I stopped in for a visit on the Bradley board and there seems to be a pretty severe cover up going on. Anybody know what is going on or who it involves? It maybe nothing...but it seems there are an awful lot of threads and posts disappearing.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: What's the haps in Peoria?

Postby Bluejay Rey » November 12th, 2010, 3:13 pm

It appears as though another Valley school message board moderator has gone power hungry...
Bluejay Rey
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby jayball » November 12th, 2010, 3:16 pm

other posts infer it is something to do with Taylor Brown. again.
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby bcg » November 12th, 2010, 3:19 pm

Taylor Brown is out for the year for medical reasons. BU's done. He's by far their best rebounder on a bad rebounding team.

"Brown requires cardiac testing that necessitates a three-month rest period for proper evaluation"
bcg
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby gobirds85 » November 12th, 2010, 3:31 pm

Good they caught this before something serious happened. This might be a wake up call to this young man. This puts a big dent in bu's shot at the top three this year, but to keep things in perspective, it's just basketball. He has his whole life in front of him to be concerned about.
gobirds85
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby hot nuts » November 12th, 2010, 3:34 pm

That is rough news. He's a heck of a talent...misguided, yes...but talented. Hopefully he will be alright in the long run.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jayball » November 12th, 2010, 3:38 pm

Wow, he has to sit out for 3 months just to be retested? that sounds pretty serious. Glad they found it now and can monitor instead of finding out through tragedy.

Hope things go well for him.
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MVCfans » November 12th, 2010, 4:03 pm

I pulled this from bradleyfans.com:

PEORIA, Ill. - Bradley men's basketball junior forward Taylor Brown (Atlanta, Ga./Dunwoody H.S.), a preseason honorable mention All-Missouri Valley Conference selection, will miss the 2010-11 season for precautionary medical reasons, ninth-year head coach Jim Les announced today. Brown requires cardiac testing that necessitates a three-month rest period for proper evaluation.

"Our number one priority right now is Taylor's long-term health," said Les. "Upon the completion of some preliminary cardiac testing, doctors have indicated he needs three months without athletic activity before they can conduct a further evaluation. Our thoughts, prayers and support will be with Taylor as he awaits those results."

An additional review of the health status of all Bradley student-athletes was conducted following the recent death of Braves baseball player Philip Kaiser Jr. As a result, Brown underwent a series of tests during the past week. Doctors determined that additional evaluation is necessary before he may be cleared to resume athletic activity.

"I am very disappointed that I will not be able to play basketball this year," said Brown. "I will, however, support and motivate my teammates from the sidelines."

"Taylor's health is our priority at this time," said Taylor's father Rick Brown. "We love our son very much and trust that God has a plan for Taylor."

The Braves will open their 107th men's basketball season Friday at 8:05 p.m. when they host Texas A&M-Kingsville in the first round of the Basketball Hall of Fame Tip-Off Tournament at Carver Arena.

While terribly unfortunate, his health has to be the primary concern and for that reason it is a blessing this was discovered now.

edit: I am going to change the title of the thread.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Re: Bradley's Taylor Brown out for season

Postby saluki762 » November 12th, 2010, 4:40 pm

I am usually the last person to defend any of the "moderation" of the Bradley board but in this instance, there were unfounded rumors swirling about a player and disciplinary issue. In light of the truth coming out, the moderators did an excellent job in this instance.
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Re: Bradley's Taylor Brown out for season

Postby shockalot » November 12th, 2010, 5:40 pm

Oye vay, terrible news. So sorry for the young man and for Bradley fans. Of course, this just seems to be part of fulfilling Les's contract to lose an important player at the start of each season. I think he signed that contract with someone named Diablo, or something like that.
shockalot
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball