Bradley's Taylor Brown out for season

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Bradley's Taylor Brown out for season

Postby gobirds85 » November 12th, 2010, 6:42 pm

Bradleyfans Fan wrote:I found this quote on another message board from a random Bradley fan...

Also I am reminded of the season in 2004-05 when Brian Randle broke his hand early on and was out for the whole year and everyone said Illinois' season is doomed..
..they ended up in the Final Four........so let's keep pulling for the guys we have on the floor...

Brian Randle's averages in 2003-2004: 2.7 points and 2.3 rebounds in 11.1 minutes/game.
Taylor Brown's averages in 2009-2010: 13.5 points and 6.9 rebounds in 30.2 minutes/game.

So, yes, this is exactly like the Brian Randle injury during the year Illinois made the Final Four.

Losing Brown is way more devastating than illinoy losing Randle. The most important thing here is they found this before it became a potentially bigger problem. Life trumps bball.
gobirds85
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby sixth ace » November 12th, 2010, 7:51 pm

Basketball is only a game I wish him a great diagnosis and a great team of doctors. Hopefully he'll be physically fit to face life's challenge. Wish him well
Last edited by sixth ace on November 12th, 2010, 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » November 12th, 2010, 9:15 pm

Bad news.

Best wishes for him and his family and am thankful they are taking precautions and finding it out early.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby catkids » November 12th, 2010, 10:29 pm

It's time like this I'm proud to be a Valley fan. Thank you Valley fans from the bottom of our hearts for your concern for TB. As a Bradley fan I certainly wish TB the best of luck and hope he gets the best medical attention possible.
catkids
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby Aargh » November 13th, 2010, 12:14 am

This sounds like Marfan's syndrome. That's the heart defect that causes basketball players to drop dead suddenly. Was it Len Bias who was drafted by the Celtics and dropped dead in a practice? People with Marfan's typically have unusually long long bones. That gives them long arms and legs and makes them prime candidates for basketball.

WSU had a recruit when Marshall arrived - Guy Ntang-Elan (that's close to his name), who died in a scrimmage Marshall was watching.

I believe there was a woman on the USA Olympic volleyball team maybe 20+ years ago who died of the same condition.

Historically Marfan's has only been able to be diagnosed in autopsy.

If there is some method of detection, people with the condition can live fairly normal lives. They just have to avoid stressing their hearts, which eliminates sports.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby landmark » November 13th, 2010, 7:59 am

Bias died from a cocaine overdose, Reggie Lewis was a Celtic guard that collapsed during practice and died he was only 25 or so.
landmark
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 13th, 2010, 9:23 am

Devastating blow. Although Maniscalco gets more positive press, Brown is the best player on Bradley IMO.

Hope everything is okay.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » November 15th, 2010, 9:14 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:Devastating blow. Although Maniscalco gets more positive press, Brown is the best player on Bradley IMO.

Hope everything is okay.

No doubt here. As the article about Brown said--he is a matchup nightmare in the MVC. He is one player Bradley had that was unique to the roster. 6-6, 6-7, athletic, versatile, rebounder, scorer.

Now, losing him shouldn't expose Bradley this bad but it did. If Jim Les gets this team to 9-9 in the MVC he should win Coach of the Year.

Its awful news for Taylor. Let's just hope he hangs in there and is healthy for life.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby dgreenwell3 » November 15th, 2010, 11:08 am

Man this blows, for a player to lose his season due to a non-athletic oriented injury, I know it has to suck for that young man...the most important thing for that young man though is a healthy life, I know how crazy it is to lose a season to an illness or what not...it's rough on a kid who lives and dies for the game...
dgreenwell3
MVC Victory Cigar
MVC Victory Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball