Valley Games (11/14)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Valley Games (11/14)

Postby TheShock » November 14th, 2010, 11:20 pm

shockalot wrote:That might explain why your ass is so big then!

TheShock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 15th, 2010, 8:11 am

Born2Shock wrote:I find it shocking that CU would shoot 20 more free throws than the opponent at home...

Okay, that made me laugh.

On a serious note though, we will be getting to the line a lot more this year than under Altman. McDermott-ball has the ball getting fed to the post a ton and shots coming from within the paint, while Dana-ball had a lot more three point shooting. McDermott's style naturally draws more foul calls.

As to the game itself, our wing play has me worried. Probably the least amount of talent we have had there in about 15 years. Thankfully, our big guys and PG are pretty talented. And thank goodness for little Mac; that kid has great instincts and a really good skill set.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Born2Shock » November 15th, 2010, 8:54 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
Born2Shock wrote:I find it shocking that CU would shoot 20 more free throws than the opponent at home...

Okay, that made me laugh.

On a serious note though, we will be getting to the line a lot more this year than under Altman. McDermott-ball has the ball getting fed to the post a ton and shots coming from within the paint, while Dana-ball had a lot more three point shooting. McDermott's style naturally draws more foul calls.

As to the game itself, our wing play has me worried. Probably the least amount of talent we have had there in about 15 years. Thankfully, our big guys and PG are pretty talented. And thank goodness for little Mac; that kid has great instincts and a really good skill set.

Is Young going to survive the season playing 38mpg? Who is the backup?
Born2Shock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 15th, 2010, 9:27 am

Born2Shock wrote:Is Young going to survive the season playing 38mpg? Who is the backup?

A very valid concern. His backup is freshman Jahenns Manigat of Canada, who is really a 2 (and actually has looked pretty good so far at the 2). The hope is that as JM gets a little more time, he can get more minutes at PG. After that, the remaining PG is a walkon.

Out of curiosity, and since I don't know the answer, how many minutes did Hannah average, per game, last year?
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Born2Shock » November 15th, 2010, 9:56 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
Born2Shock wrote:Is Young going to survive the season playing 38mpg? Who is the backup?

A very valid concern. His backup is freshman Jahenns Manigat of Canada, who is really a 2 (and actually has looked pretty good so far at the 2). The hope is that as JM gets a little more time, he can get more minutes at PG. After that, the remaining PG is a walkon.

Out of curiosity, and since I don't know the answer, how many minutes did Hannah average, per game, last year?

Right at 30, I believe. I think Murry was team high, with something like 31.8.
Born2Shock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby cu8493 » November 15th, 2010, 10:15 am

The positive was that the guys hung in, Kenny got a couple of big boards down the stretch and the fellas hit their free throws. Over the last 2 to 3 years we went about 1-15 in this type of game. This team found a way to win this one, where as the last several seasons we found ways to lose this type of game. We did have a shot-clock violation in the last two minutes when we really needed to get off a good shot, but hey, old habits die hard.
cu8493
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball