Northeastern at So. Illinois - 9am

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Northeastern at So. Illinois - 9am

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 16th, 2010, 2:09 pm

DUBulldog wrote:For those of us who couldn't watch.....what's all this about a timeout?

Think Chris Webber in the NCAA title game years back.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TNMSUFAN » November 16th, 2010, 2:10 pm

They just showed replay during the Baylor game and one of the SIU guys (I think Freeman) yelled something right at the ref right when the 2 SIU guys tied each other up under the basket. One of the other SIU guys motioned timeout but it was after the ref had already blown his whistle. They didn't have the sound up but the one SIU guy was looking right at the ref when he said something.
TNMSUFAN
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TylerDurden » November 16th, 2010, 2:31 pm

TNMSUFAN wrote:They just showed replay during the Baylor game and one of the SIU guys (I think Freeman) yelled something right at the ref right when the 2 SIU guys tied each other up under the basket. One of the other SIU guys motioned timeout but it was after the ref had already blown his whistle. They didn't have the sound up but the one SIU guy was looking right at the ref when he said something.

Fair enough. I didn't see that the first time. Tough loss for SIU.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Re: Games in the Valley - 11/16/2010

Postby TNMSUFAN » November 16th, 2010, 2:39 pm

JasonFromBradley wrote:As for the other games today, I think the Valley could go 4-0 in those games. The only game I would be worried about is the Bradley game against Northern Illinois. I believe that Bradley will win this game, but by 5 points or less.

I really think our game with Ark St will be tough especially on a neutral court with our guys maybe thinking about the possible match up with Tenn on Wed. Brady is a pretty good coach as well and last year we only beat them by 11 at their place.
TNMSUFAN
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby saluki762 » November 16th, 2010, 4:20 pm

I was at the game. This loss is all on that fat f*** of a coach that has been stealing the tax payers of Illinois money for far to long. Horrible play calling, horrible execution and a tremendous lack of talent that is all the coaches fault.

I will unfortunately have to continue watching the games that are made available on TV because I cannot help myself. That said, this is the last time I will drive the 2 hours to see a game while dumb f*** is our coach. My family spends good money to advertise at SIU athletic events and on promotional materials. I have called all of them and told them to tell the athletic department to piss off next time they want some of our money. I love my dogs but the only money I will contribute for the forseeable future is if they need help following coach's buyout.

I didn't expect to win this game but seeing how horrible we are in person, I think we may be lucky to win 5 this year.
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MVCfans » November 16th, 2010, 4:26 pm

ihsi wrote:
MVCfans wrote:Dawgs 61-60.

Almost nailed it. Nice job. :bow:

DUBulldog wrote:Good call....wasn't it 60-60 at the end of regulation?

Carlton Fay could have made it 61-60. He will forever be on my s*** list.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Ace Dad » November 17th, 2010, 1:01 am

I remember when Coach Lowery was idolized by the Saluki faithful. He was the "next in line." Welcome to college basketball.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball