One Game (or more) In - Any Changes to your Picks?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: One Game (or more) In - Any Changes to your Picks?

Postby Little Eddie » November 20th, 2010, 8:36 am

I'm thinking it's another one bid year unless WSU blows thru the non con w/ zero or one loss and then wins the Valley regular season and loses to someone in St. Louis. All these losses damage the entire league. Lots of Valley teams are not "taking care of business" which, in turn, will show up in the weak RPI (more like RIP) league standings.
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby bigdawg » November 20th, 2010, 8:58 am

Little Eddie wrote:I'm thinking it's another one bid year unless WSU blows thru the non con w/ zero or one loss and then wins the Valley regular season and loses to someone in St. Louis. All these losses damage the entire league. Lots of Valley teams are not "taking care of business" which, in turn, will show up in the weak RPI (more like RIP) league standings.

We need one or two teams to run away and hide with 14-15 conference wins and a strong profile overall. Or have WSU run the table and then choke in STL which isn't unfathomable.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Drakey » November 20th, 2010, 11:33 am

What is the point of hoping for multiple bids if the conference does not deserve them? Any conference can get two bids if the dominant team loses in the conference finals. While I use to get really pissed when they would pass over MSU with an RPI of 20 because they wanted to put in the ninth place tea in the Big Ten, I have no problem with one bid if the confernce is no good. At his point there is no evidence that anybody in the Valley can play with a good team. Hopefully WSU will change that.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Born2Shock » November 20th, 2010, 11:53 am

More teams in the dance==more money for all schools in the conference. Not to mention prestige, recruiting bumps, etc.
Born2Shock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby jayball » November 22nd, 2010, 8:36 am

Born2Shock wrote:More teams in the dance==more money for all schools in the conference. Not to mention prestige, recruiting bumps, etc.

Bingo.

How could you not want mutitple bids for the Valley?
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Aces1982 » November 22nd, 2010, 7:38 pm

I think UE may challange a 6th place spot. After seeing the other Valley teams on tv or seeing the scores. I think they could finish ahead of: Drake, SIU, ISU(blue) and possibly ISU(red). Of course to do this, UE must learn to win games on the road, specifically against the above mentioned teams.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball