One Game (or more) In - Any Changes to your Picks?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: One Game (or more) In - Any Changes to your Picks?

Postby Jet915 » November 17th, 2010, 10:05 pm

Right now, Creighton is struggling, we are a middle of the pack MVC team (4 or 5); however, when Echenique is eligible, I think we can be a 2nd place Valley team.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 17th, 2010, 10:28 pm

Indiana St to last place.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby chitown fanatic » November 18th, 2010, 3:55 pm

After the other night, no way in h#ll Drake finsihes ahead of BU unless Bu loses another starter. It is clear the bottom 4 are Eville, Drake, In st, and SIU. I'd consider them locks at this point for Thursday. The other 6 have a lot left to say...not convinced MSU can win away from home. WSU still the favorite...CU struggling with bad teams early much like BU, but both are still winning. UNI overrated as well and will finish 5th at best.
chitown fanatic
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby pawball » November 18th, 2010, 11:48 pm

UNI overrated as well and will finish 5th at best.

This is too good....overrated compared to what?
pawball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Drakey » November 19th, 2010, 10:56 pm

It is beginning to appear that the Valley sucks.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Snapshot9 » November 20th, 2010, 12:26 am

Doc ... I with Aargh, you mixed your meds or something. The only reason the Shockers chemistry has not settled in is because of an 11 man rotation, and because it is still up in the air of who the starting PG will be.
As far as analysis of the other teams in the Valley, did you actually see them play, or just went by final scores of games they played?

Rags will be okay for starting PG, just needs 2-3 more games under his belt. He does remind me a little of Hannah the way he plays, and he had better stats than Hannah in Juco. Until then, I would be more than satisfied with Murry starting in the PG position, and believe that coach will go with Murry and Kyles against UConn Monday. I think your latest analysis of the Shockers is premature at best. What the Shockers do in Maui will be a far better barometer .

I don't buy into all the Echenique hype. A good MVC forward or center is just as good as a Big East one, and he wasn't averaging a double-double or nothing. He may end up being one of the better ones in the league, but he won't be no superman, like he is being advertised as.

And MoSt gave the ole college try, but they did not beat Tennessee. I see this as a middle of the road year for the conference as a whole, but with 2 teams making it to the Dance.
Snapshot9
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby 45otseoj » November 20th, 2010, 1:19 am

Snapshot9 wrote:A good MVC forward or center is just as good as a Big East one

:Stupid:
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » November 20th, 2010, 1:28 am

Snap, I think you're missing what's going on here.

Let me introduce you to a valuable message board tool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

Please note this line:

Sarcasm can frequently be unnoticed in print form, often times requiring the inflection or tone of voice to indicate the quip.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Little Eddie » November 20th, 2010, 8:36 am

I'm thinking it's another one bid year unless WSU blows thru the non con w/ zero or one loss and then wins the Valley regular season and loses to someone in St. Louis. All these losses damage the entire league. Lots of Valley teams are not "taking care of business" which, in turn, will show up in the weak RPI (more like RIP) league standings.
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby bigdawg » November 20th, 2010, 8:58 am

Little Eddie wrote:I'm thinking it's another one bid year unless WSU blows thru the non con w/ zero or one loss and then wins the Valley regular season and loses to someone in St. Louis. All these losses damage the entire league. Lots of Valley teams are not "taking care of business" which, in turn, will show up in the weak RPI (more like RIP) league standings.

We need one or two teams to run away and hide with 14-15 conference wins and a strong profile overall. Or have WSU run the table and then choke in STL which isn't unfathomable.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball