Evansville at Indiana (Nov 21st)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Evansville at Indiana (Nov 21st)

Postby SubGod22 » November 19th, 2010, 1:44 pm

WuDrWu wrote:Aces overcome tough crowd and biased officials with grit, determination and hot 3 point shooting.

Evansville 78
Indiana 62

:Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!:

:bs:

:D
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby jayball » November 19th, 2010, 1:52 pm

Sub,

You have to admire his committement. It is like watching Will Farrell go all out in a SNL skit.

MVCdrMVC is all in with this schtick.
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby SubGod22 » November 19th, 2010, 2:21 pm

Don't get me wrong, he's cracking me up with it. I'm just slightly concerned he may lose himself in the role. We like the good Doc on SN... :buddies:
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jayball » November 19th, 2010, 2:49 pm

SubGod22 wrote:Don't get me wrong, he's cracking me up with it. I'm just slightly concerned he may lose himself in the role. We like the good Doc on SN... :buddies:

I'd be worried if he is doing this on SN also. Then you might be right about him going all Daniel Day Lewis (or Val Kilmer/Jim Morrison) and losing himself.
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ACECARD » November 20th, 2010, 10:59 am

The Aces are a better team this year than last, but so is IU. Those people who say that IU will win by 30 are full of ****. I would be very surprised if the Aces were to win this game, but will be very disappointed if they don't make IU sweat, and know that they have been in a real game. The Aces will surprise some people this year, especially at Roberts, but I don't think that IU will be among them.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Sharpe » November 20th, 2010, 1:17 pm

This game is going to be televised tomorrow on the Big 10 Network.
Sharpe
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby AndShock » November 20th, 2010, 1:29 pm

I'm seeing a line of Indiana -12....that seems kind of low.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby acesfool » November 20th, 2010, 10:39 pm

Kind of low. I thought this line would be 25 or more. The odds makers must be drinking the purple koolaid. :huh:
acesfool
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ace Dad » November 20th, 2010, 11:54 pm

From newspaper article in Bloomington:

Indiana coach Tom Crean said Friday that he is pleased with how his team responded to playing three games in five days, and how they have practiced since that stint ended.
“They have a very good focus,” Crean said. “They’re locking into gameplans. They’re locking into what have to do to get better.  But you have to do it everyday. That’s the sign of maturity: can you do it everyday and not just when you’re winning or in a span like this.
“To play the way they did and prepare the way they did in three games in five days says a lot about them in the first week of a season. But now it’s a whole other week and we got to make sure we keep taking it a little further.”
It’s not three-in-five, but Sunday’s 1 p.m. game against Evansville starts a stretch of three-in-six. Indiana will play North Carolina Central on Tuesday and then Northwestern State on Friday.
“We’ve tried to make sure that we understand we got another big stretch coming up, with a Sunday-Tuesday-Friday,” Crean said. “So we’re looking down the long range picture with that, a little bit. You stay in the short term with getting your team better everyday, but knowing that they’re really going to have to bring it over a three-game period of time.
“The most important thing is to stay completely locked in to playing Evansville on Sunday and I think they are very locked in.”
As far as Evansville goes, the Aces are 2-0 with wins against Oakland City and Texas-San Antonio. They’ve had four guys average double figures in those contests, led by 6-6 junior Kenneth Harris (15.5 points).
Sophomore Colt Ryan is a familiar face, having played for Indiana Elite with Hoosiers Jordan Hulls and Bobby Capobianco.
“(Indiana is) going to see more screens and more curls and more slips in one game than they have seen in three altogether right now and we are going to have to be prepared to deal with that,” Crean said.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UE 71 » November 21st, 2010, 12:22 am

acesfool wrote:Kind of low. I thought this line would be 25 or more. The odds makers must be drinking the purple koolaid. :huh:

The oddsmakers don't give a s**t about Evansville, they are in this for the money. They set the line to determine an equal number of betters on both sides. Their take is on the handle and taking enough losers money to pay the winners. With that being said, their staying in business depends on setting as correct of odds as possible for as many games as possible. They blow a few but are on the money more times than not. UE will have a tough time up there, but if they play their A game and IU does not, the outcome may be surprising. Remember, UE is a much improved team over last year that only lost to Butler by 4 and we all know where they went. It's all about who makes the most baskets on a given night and some nights you can't miss and others nothing falls. We play the game to see who makes their shots tomorrow.
UE 71
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball