Evansville at Indiana (Nov 21st)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby Ace Dad » November 18th, 2010, 7:10 pm

Pressure on Indiana. No pressure on Aces. Indiana expects to win the game. Evansville has to play a perfect game--hit threes, no foul trouble, and match rebounds--and Indiana needs to be overconfident and cocky and allow the Aces to hang around for an upset.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Evansville at Indiana (Nov 21st)

Postby jlandrus11 » November 18th, 2010, 7:50 pm

IU wins this game going away.

IU 87
UE 53
jlandrus11
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby sixth ace » November 18th, 2010, 7:54 pm

IU loses 69-65
Last edited by sixth ace on November 18th, 2010, 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aces0976 » November 18th, 2010, 7:55 pm

I think a win here is possible, albeit not very likely. The only way I see us pulling this one out is if we rebound with a purpose (something we haven't done yet), defend the 3 better, and limit fastbreak points. Oh yeah we have to shoot good and not turn the ball over. Gee, that sounds easy enough. On a personal note, Im one of the minority down in Evansville that doesn't worship IU and have a picture of Bobby Knight over their fireplace. To say Im not a fan would be a major understatement, so an upset here would be an extremely nice right before the holidays with my in-laws from Bloomington :Cheers:
Aces0976
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby sixth ace » November 18th, 2010, 8:56 pm

my opionon of IU is that UTSA is a better team. It took a lot of breaks last night and playing at
Assembly Hall ,where very few opponents win, we'll need a bunch on Sunday. The fact that we have 10 players at any given time can replace any player on the floor, ie Jahr at the 5 last night, puts us with the advantage over a shallow IU. IU also plays a similar offense as does the Aces, at least they did against MVSU the only game I've seen.

Go Aces
:Cheers:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sect.3purple » November 18th, 2010, 11:03 pm

If UE plays inspired (and why wouldn't they playing at Assembly Hall?) defense, blocks out and rebounds, defends the 3, and shoots the 3 well....then we may win....if the calls aren't too biased. A lot of people are overlooking UE due to our past few down years. Me....I think we will surprise some people. I hope the first surprise comes Sunday. Go Aces!
sect.3purple
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby sixth ace » November 19th, 2010, 7:49 am

IU vs UE game is on the BigTen network at 12 noon
:Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TylerDurden » November 19th, 2010, 10:06 am

I think this game is going to get ugly for the Aces.

IU is on its way back. They aren't back to being a big dog, but they're getting some talent and getting those guys experience.

IU has too many athletes for UE and wins this going away, scoring in the mid-80s.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TylerDurden » November 19th, 2010, 10:09 am

sixth ace wrote:my opionon of IU is that UTSA is a better team. It took a lot of breaks last night and playing at
Assembly Hall ,where very few opponents win, we'll need a bunch on Sunday. The fact that we have 10 players at any given time can replace any player on the floor, ie Jahr at the 5 last night, puts us with the advantage over a shallow IU. IU also plays a similar offense as does the Aces, at least they did against MVSU the only game I've seen.

Go Aces
:Cheers:

I understand your enthusiasm and search for a glimmer of hope...but, really? UTSA is better than IU?

IU may have been down recently, but Crean has that thing moving in the right direction and this year's team is much better than the previous few years.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WuDrWu » November 19th, 2010, 1:13 pm

Aces overcome tough crowd and biased officials with grit, determination and hot 3 point shooting.

Evansville 78
Indiana 62

:Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!:
THE VALLEY RULES! GO VALLEY!
WuDrWu
MVC starter
MVC starter

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball