Evansville at Indiana (Nov 21st)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Evansville at Indiana (Nov 21st)

Postby Aces1982 » November 21st, 2010, 10:05 am

acesfool wrote:Thanks 71, Do you really think I don't understand why oddsmakers set the lines where they do? I'm just saying, Indiana should cover the 12 points 9 out of 10 times at Bloomington. This line could easily move 5 points or more before tipoff. What makes you think the Aces are improved over last year? Is it the loss to Depauw, the last second win over KWU, or the home squeeker against powerhouse UTSA that makes you think were so much better? I hope the team has improved, but to this point I don't see it. This game will tell us much more about the Aces than any game they have played so far. One thing is for certain, the Aces won't have a 33 to 15 freethrow advantage at IU. I'm not saying Evansville can't cover the 12 points but it's just highly unlikely.

I'm thinking you might not know much about oddsmakers. You know what it would take to move a game 5 points in basketball on the day of the game? I will give you a hint if it moves 5 points in Indiana direction then take UE.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby WuDrWu » November 21st, 2010, 10:11 am

AndShock wrote:I'm seeing a line of Indiana -12....that seems kind of low.

I wish I was in Vegas...that's free money! No way the Aces get blown out, in fact this is a 50/50 game, maybe a SLIGHT edge to the home team, but just because they are at home. When you play D like the Aces, getting 12 points is just silly.

GO ACES!! :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!: :Yea!:
THE VALLEY RULES! GO VALLEY!
WuDrWu
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Aces0976 » November 21st, 2010, 10:52 am

jlandrus11 wrote:Indiana should win this game by 30+, and it won't be close from the tip. Indiana is just too physical, and Butler plays Evansville next.
Well, granted, we're no Loyola or Eastern Kentucky, but gosh, I guess we're gonna show up anyway and give it a shot....only hope all of our players don't faint because of the presence of such greatness
Aces0976
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby acesfool » November 21st, 2010, 11:23 am

Aces1982 wrote:
acesfool wrote:Thanks 71, Do you really think I don't understand why oddsmakers set the lines where they do? I'm just saying, Indiana should cover the 12 points 9 out of 10 times at Bloomington. This line could easily move 5 points or more before tipoff. What makes you think the Aces are improved over last year? Is it the loss to Depauw, the last second win over KWU, or the home squeeker against powerhouse UTSA that makes you think were so much better? I hope the team has improved, but to this point I don't see it. This game will tell us much more about the Aces than any game they have played so far. One thing is for certain, the Aces won't have a 33 to 15 freethrow advantage at IU. I'm not saying Evansville can't cover the 12 points but it's just highly unlikely.

I'm thinking you might not know much about oddsmakers. You know what it would take to move a game 5 points in basketball on the day of the game? I will give you a hint if it moves 5 points in Indiana direction then take UE.

I know it takes quite a bit of betting on one team to make the line move that much, but it does happen. I thought the Missouri St. versus Tennessee line was that far off earlier this year and it moved from 11 to 5.5 by game time and MSU still covered only losing by four. Early in the year oddsmakers have a hard time figuring teams out so there is a better chance at getting some good value on certain lines. The same thing happens at the beginning of conference games. I can understand why a WSU fan would think the Aces play great defense but they are probably the only team that thinks that way.
acesfool
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ace Dad » November 21st, 2010, 12:06 pm

Watched SMU beat Marshall yesterday in Dallas and am now on Interstate 35 headed back to Kansas City metro area and listening to the Aces game on the Big 10 network, via XM. Life us good. Let's keep this within 5-7 points the first half. Go Aces!
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ace Dad » November 21st, 2010, 12:10 pm

Indiana 6, Aces 0

Evansville timeout.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby klinky » November 21st, 2010, 12:46 pm

Evansville up 24 to 20 with 3:40 in the first half. Three IU players with 3 fouls.
Wishing I was back home again.
klinky
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby klinky » November 21st, 2010, 12:50 pm

UE up 7 - 28 - 21 with 2:57 left in the first half. We're playing really tough "D".
klinky
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby klinky » November 21st, 2010, 12:58 pm

UE up by six at the half 31 - 25. IU was shooting 70% but the Aces "D" came up with a lot of steals and the Aces got IU into serious foul trouble.
klinky
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Snaggletooth » November 21st, 2010, 1:08 pm

Go Aces!!!
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball