Evansville at Indiana (Nov 21st)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Evansville at Indiana (Nov 21st)

Postby acesfool » November 21st, 2010, 2:12 pm

Ace Dad wrote:Go back and read the first post of this thread. The basketball Gods have given us an opportunity to pull an upset.

The Indiana players no longer think that our players are mediocre.

The Aces now know the Hoosiers "put their pants on one leg at a time".

Marty Simmons makes great second half adjustments. The refs have been fair. The fans are pissed at the Home Team.

Unlike most of you, I can live with a loss, as long as we compete and improve. I predict a 5-7 point game.

Go Aces!
I guess Mart'y's great second half adjustments weren't so great. Nice to see Colt is the same old player.....does nothing until his team is down 20 than scores against a relaxed defense at the end.
acesfool
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby acesfool » November 21st, 2010, 2:14 pm

I knew this game was a lock :dance:
Last edited by acesfool on November 21st, 2010, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
acesfool
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Snaggletooth » November 21st, 2010, 2:17 pm

IU 67, Evansville 54 Final.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby acesfool » November 21st, 2010, 2:26 pm

Would the rest o the Aces fans explain this to me.....down 11 with nearly 2 minutes to play against a team that shot 53% from the line and we don't foul, why? It looks like a coach thats happy to keep it somewhat respectful than a coach trying to get a win for his team.
acesfool
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby jlandrus11 » November 21st, 2010, 2:41 pm

I told ya, IU would win this game. IU is much more physical than UE. Indiana is now 4-0.
jlandrus11
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby ACECARD » November 21st, 2010, 2:43 pm

Oddsmakers-12. Indiana wins by 13. Pretty close I would say. I guess they do know a little more than the experts on this forum. Somehow I'm not surprised.

P.S. Indiana isn't that good.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby AndShock » November 21st, 2010, 3:01 pm

I'll admit the game was much closer than I thought it was going to be. I'll give Evansville credit for that. Indiana still covered though.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby acesfool » November 21st, 2010, 3:31 pm

ACECARD wrote:Oddsmakers-12. Indiana wins by 13. Pretty close I would say. I guess they do know a little more than the experts on this forum. Somehow I'm not surprised.

P.S. Indiana isn't that good.
They were good enough to beat the Aces by 19 in the second half. Just because a game winds up 1 point from the line doesn't mean the line was correct. The Aces could play IU ten more times and would only keep it within 13 probably 1 time. The Aces were down 20 with 5 to go and IU let up to take it easy on a former player. It wasn't a big win against the spread but 1 point pays me the same as 20 points.
acesfool
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ace Dad » November 21st, 2010, 5:57 pm

I listened to the game on radio and it sounded like Indiana overwhelmed us with a knockout punch early in the second half. Typically, that happens if one team is quicker, stronger, and is hitting open jumpers. Kudos to the Aces for not folding and keeping the game respectable. Yesterday, I sat with Marshall University " Thundering Herd" parents as Southern Methodist University scored three unanswered touchdowns with speed, quickness, and skill. The MU Linebackers and Defensive Backs could not individually or team defend against SMU. The parents were xitching and moaning about the "coach should do this and the coach should do that". Finally, I said to the football dads "sometimes you gotta take your ass- whupping" and wait for a better day. The Aces will have a better day and will learn from this game.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pafan » November 21st, 2010, 6:26 pm

I suspect any UE fan would have been satisfied if you had told them yesterday that the final score would be 67 to 54.

The only reason any UE fan could be disappointed right now is because UE had the lead for so many minutes and showed that they could have played with IU to a closer margin than 13 points with just a few shots that fell in or calls that went the other way. UE shot about 15% in the first 15 minutes of the second half. If they had shot 30% instead. Basically 6 more points for UE and the game probably have stayed under 15 points all the way and the Colt Ryan 3s would have had a stronger impact (narrowing the IU lead to 5, perhaps)

At that point, there would have been a free throw contest in the final 3 minutes of the game, and who knows what could have happened.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball